~~~~ Brag & Moan ~~~~

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I'd buy something decent for a grand rather than buying 1000 crap items for a dollar each!!
These Pearls=JUNK!

That's like buying your child a crappy item from the dollar store instead of the X-box or PS3 he/she wanted!
Don't buy into garbage. Save your money for a couple mths and get the good shit!

Here's another aspect......... Rent to Own! Just about as dumb as buying these Pearls!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Got email saying order is canceled:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for shopping with Overstock.com. We appreciate your business.

We regret to inform you that while attempting to process your recent order we lacked necessary information and had to cancel your order. We would be pleased to replace this order if you would kindly call our Customer Care Department at 1-800-THE-BIG-O (1-800-843-2446).

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Fraud Prevention Department
Overstock.com

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I think some are lying about getting these as the ones I recieved were individually knotted between each pearl (like any pearl necklace would usually be). Those talking about the string broken and the pearls all in the bag are trolling.

They aren't a bad casual piece of jewelery, they'd make a nice kid's gift too to test the waters on if your kid is really for a necklace or not.

Greg04

Golden Member
Jun 11, 2004
I HATE seeing the STUPID Christopher Guest message stickied since 1997 in the Hot Deals forum. I hate it Ihate it I hate it.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Props to SwithInk! Evidently, the resovoir of my yellow ink tank had MAGENTA ink. My printer had been printing fine up to the point that the magenta ink took over the yellow. After running many test prints and cleaning and deep cleaning I checked the yellow cartridge and found the problem. Befudled, I left a message with SwithInk on Saturday. Today, I received an e-mail from SwiftInk that they are sending me a replacement yellow cartridge. They are also sending another Magenta cartridge as mine was drained in the "cleaning" process. This is exactly the reason (outside of price) that I continue to do business with this company. I suggest you all do the same.

~boxes

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I recently got my rebate denied by Crucial for either no UPC or sending outside the promo time. I am positive I included the UPC and sent it as soon as the product arrived so I was well within the timeframe. I fired off an Email to their sales dept and got a personal reply explaining that Crucial doesn't actually process their rebates etc, etc. I said I understand many companies farm out their rebates but my valid rebate for *your product* was denied and I shouldn't have to jump through hoops when I followed the rebate rules. Know what they did? They offered me a USB thumb drive of the same value or my original rebate in a check (taking 1-2 months). I accepted the check.

It's nice to see personal responses and great customer service. Props to Crucial!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

imported_falcon999

Oct 6, 2004
just a quick brag.

My wife voted on the amazon flat screen tv and we got it. so we only had to pay 700 bucks for that samsung flat screen tv..

and we were buying a flat screen tv this christmas already..

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: falcon999
just a quick brag.

My wife voted on the amazon flat screen tv and we got it. so we only had to pay 700 bucks for that samsung flat screen tv..

and we were buying a flat screen tv this christmas already..

NICE!! I had my fingers crossed on that deal, but NOOOO!! ;)

Burpy

Oct 16, 2005
Brag: I got in on the OfficeMax 24" Soyo LCD for $249 over Black Friday. The picture quality and size is really nice compared to my 19" Viewsonic.

Moan: I had to get my Soyo replaced for having lines (dead pixels?) show up on the screen. I just picked up my second one yesterday and within an hour it has developed a line stretching from top to bottom. :(

I just hope I can get a good one, because the deal was so nice. I would hate to have to return it.

dogchainx

Aug 30, 2004
BRAG

I returned the Hitachi 1TB External drive to Best Buy after numerous tries and calls to Hitachi for trying to solve the USB disconnect problem. Hitachi said to return the drive and exchange it for another 1TB external drive. I did so today at Best Buy. When I went to grab the Hitachi drive off the shelf I saw that they had 3 total at retail price. I asked the clerk jokingly if I could buy the others for the same price I paid for this one ($180) when it was on clearance. She said she'd check with the manager. Well, the manager was dealing with a hot-headed customer behind me, and he quickly said that I could. (woohoo!) So, I bought three total! I sold the extra two to a business tonight at $250 each, which makes my original price for my 1TB external drive $40 after the profit. For $40 for a 1TB external drive, I don't care about the USB disconnect problem. I'll probably just crack it open and use it as an internal drive.

Oh how sweet it is when managers are too busy to be bothered with company policies. =)

Brag updated: This new Hitachi 1TB drive works great now. No USB disconnect at ALL. Guess its just a bad external enclosure on the previous one. If anyone has problems, I suggest you take back your drive and get a new one.

MOAN UPDATED: CRAP HITACHI. The drive just crashed, its dead. Meh. Taking back this one to best buy and getting another replacement and just cracking it open to use it as a "junk" drive for non-critical data backups.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, I guess the B&M thread doesn't get much use anymore? Well, I had a good 'brag' so I guess I'll bump it this 2 1/2 year old thread. Story...

Ordered 2 Vornado clip-on fans from Woot. After a week they ship. After another week they arrive - both defective. I Emailed Woot and they pointed me to Vornado. I called them and they couldn't have been more helpful and easy to deal with. They asked for the serial numbers of the defective units and the issue (one doesn't turn on at all and the other has a loud clicking from the motor). They are shipping me 2 new fans to replace my defective units. I don't even have to ship back the bad units. All they asked me to do is cut the cords off the old ones and discard them as environmentally as possible.

Kudos to Vornado! :thumbsup:

FWIW, I don't know if this is SOP with them or not - the rep did mention they had an abnormally high amount of defective units purchased from Woot.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Brag time for me.

Thanks to Staples I got a love Canon T1i kit for $419 out the door. I couldn't resist any longer at that price!

bendixG15

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
Why was this June 2009 thread brought back to life........?

Let it die and start a new one .............