Boy Scouts Release Sex Abuse Files

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
(CNN)Lawyers Release Boy Scout Files...

Any institution with that many files on alleged sexual abuse needs to be disbanded for the good of humanity.

120615110743-boy-scout-files-c1-main.jpg

Last edited:

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Catholic church, boy scouts, penn state... really whose bright idea was it to say everything will work out okay if we just sweep this shit under the rug.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
The Boy Scouts of America is a religious organization that is against homosexuality...yet, they fail to protect their scouts from the "evils" of the secular world. lol.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
The Boy Scouts of America is a religious organization that is against homosexuality...yet, they fail to protect their scouts from the "evils" of the secular world. lol.

Anytime you have an organization that large, statistics and probabilities will rear their ugly head. If you had a secular group of the same size, I am sure there would be abuse and all sorts of other sad shit too.

It is about the numbers, not their message.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
This is why the Girl Scouts are way cooler than the Boy Scouts. For starters we girls have much better merchandise to sell...cookies. Boys sell popcorn and nuts and shit. Nobody wants that.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Why does the volume of files suggest that the organization should be shut down? A single allegation of abuse, even if later proven untrue, could result in an entire box of documents or more. I've had single law suits encompass as many as 100 boxes of documents.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
(CNN)Lawyers Release Boy Scout Files...

Any institution with that many files on alleged sexual abuse needs to be disbanded for the good of humanity.

120615110743-boy-scout-files-c1-main.jpg

disband it? no that's idiotic. millions of boys go through scouts. very few have been molested (compared to the number of boys in it).

The scouts though do deserve a major black eye and fine. to cover it up is sickening. I want them punished but not disbanded.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
This is why the Girl Scouts are way cooler than the Boy Scouts. For starters we girls have much better merchandise to sell...cookies. Boys sell popcorn and nuts and shit. Nobody wants that.

agree.

the cookies were better priced too. $50+ for popcorn? are you fucking kidding me? fucking ripoff.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Catholic church, boy scouts, penn state... really whose bright idea was it to say everything will work out okay if we just sweep this shit under the rug.

Probably their lawyers.

If an innocent person, or one you cannot prove is guilty, is accused and you as the head of an organization allow that to become public knowledge you're gonna get sued to death.

I'm not saying you don't cooperate with the authorities, but if anything is made public let the authorities do it. If you do it, you're bound to have BIG problems.

When the Sandusky case was being discussed I recall there being quite a bit discussed about laws that require certain organizations and people being required to report to police allegations of such child abuse under penalty of law. Seems to me either the Boy Scouts have complied or not, that's where you focus. If they are NOT covered under the law, perhaps that needs to be changed.

Publicly releasing this information will likely be highly damaging to victims. I expect their name would be redacted, but unless you redact a hellavu lot of info people in those communities will still figure it out.

Difficult situation, IMO.

Fern

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
disband it? no that's idiotic. millions of boys go through scouts. very few have been molested (compared to the number of boys in it).

The scouts though do deserve a major black eye and fine. to cover it up is sickening. I want them punished but not disbanded.
Agreed, but until this year half my United Way money went to the Boy Scouts. No more - although honestly, I cut it before this story broke.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
My mother never allowed me to join the Boys Scouts because she claimed it was filled with pedophiles. I never understood and I was angry at the time. But now I'm thankful.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003

Well, they had to do something with all the nuts and shit they were receiving from the scout leaders. :awe: