Boy Scouts of America fire first openly-gay troop leader

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You're fired!!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...voting-allow-homosexual-youth-ranks-year.html
Geoff McGrath started Troop 98 last fall but had his position as Scoutmaster 'revoked' this week

The Boy Scouts of America voted to allow gay youth into the organization starting this year but that rule did not pertain to gay leaders

McGrath hasn't received an official notification from the BSA and plans to continue leading the troop until told otherwise the sponsoring church

Its simple really. If you want to be in the boy scouts, don't be gay.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Finally a headline involving boyscouts that doesn't have to do with pedophiles. At least the pedophiles were openly straight and married though, god forbid a troop leader be openly gay. Think of the children!

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
It's simple really, if you're black and you want to ride on the bus, go to the back of the bus. Or don't be black.

Boy scouts are a private organization and are free to make their own rules.

Besides that, being black is not a choice.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Finally a headline involving boyscouts that doesn't have to do with pedophiles. At least the pedophiles were openly straight and married though, god forbid a troop leader be openly gay. Think of the children!

That's what I always think is so funny about these bans. BSA already has loads of gay troop leaders, I guarantee it. They somehow think it is better, for the sake of morality, that they lie about it.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It's simple really, if you're black and you want to ride on the bus, go to the back of the bus. Or don't be black.

That isn't the same, people don't chose to be black and being black isn't a perverted lifestyle.

(posting the kinds of crap the OP has posted before)

Shit OP beat me to the being black isn't a choice line....now we just have to wait for the perverted lifestyle comment.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That's what I always think is so funny about these bans. BSA already has loads of gay troop leaders, I guarantee it. They somehow think it is better, for the sake of morality, that they lie about it.

Yep, unfortunately its going to take another 10 years at least before they change their stance on this.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Shit OP beat me to the being black isn't a choice line....now we just have to wait for the perverted lifestyle comment.

I was tempted to include that in the opening post, but decided not to.

But now that "you" brought it up.

I can understand parents not wanting their kids around people who live an alternative sex life. Especially when that lifestyle includes perversions such as anal sex.

But being a homophobe is a choice.

Why would you think I am afraid of gay people?

If anything it is homodium, or rather a strong dislike.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm curious OP do you take some joy in this man being kicked out of an organization just because of his sexual orientation? Here is someone who is giving his time to serve the youth in his community and you think this is acceptable treatment?

Your "moral" compass is pretty messed up.

I'm pretty sure Texashiker is just the kind of person who thinks that all attention is good, even if it is the negative attention of people telling him he's an idiot and a bigot.

He seems to enjoy having everyone gang up on him.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

I can understand parents not wanting their kids around people who live an alternative sex life. Especially when that lifestyle includes perversions such as anal sex.

I'm straight and have anal sex :confused:

I guarantee that almost all the children that I'm around don't know I even have anal sex.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I'm curious OP do you take some joy in this man being kicked out of an organization just because of his sexual orientation? Here is someone who is giving his time to serve the youth in his community and you think this is acceptable treatment?

I take no joy in his being kicked out of the boy scouts.

But I do take issue with an adult being placed in a position of authority where their may be sexual attraction.

Would you want a male scout leader with a bunch of teenage girls? Going camping, being alone in the woods, having one-on-one activities with young girls. Does that sound appropriate for an adult male to be in those situations with young girls?

But it is ok for a gay male scout leader to be with a bunch of boys?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

But I do take issue with an adult being placed in a position of authority where their may be sexual attraction.

Would you want a male scout leader with a bunch of teenage girls?

You're right, of course. While we're at it we should segregate classrooms by gender and sexual orientation, as well.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

Would you want a male scout leader with a bunch of teenage girls? Going camping, being alone in the woods, having one-on-one activities with young girls. Does that sound appropriate for an adult male to be in those situations with young girls?

Yeah, it's not like we have women teachers that teach a bunch of young male kids or anything.

Or men teachers that teach young women that are in positions of authority.

You really like being a bigot don't you?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You're right, of course. While we're at it we should segregate classrooms by gender and sexual orientation, as well.

Yeah, it's not like we have women teachers that teach a bunch of young male kids or anything.

Or men teachers that teach young women that are in positions of authority.

You really like being a bigot don't you?

You are getting public education confused with a private organization.

How many times do those teachers go camping with their kids? Maybe do weekend trips?

Even in a controlled classroom in a building we still have predators.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
But being a homophobe is a choice.

This is pretty simple...no one's forcing you to send your kids to the BSA, so don't send them. Form your own pro-gay Scouts.

You're not going to reform society, so stop trying to force your liberalism on everyone else.

Christ, live and let live.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

So parents don't want their kids around people who live the alternative heterosexual lifestyle that includes perversions such as anal sex?

Homophobe is more than just hatred of homosexuals.

Your hatred of homosexuality is evidenced by the overabundance of threads started by you on the subject. Perhaps you were molested by another male at some point in your life.

Either you're a homophobe or an attention-craving troll; who picks hot button issues and seeds threads/posts with language guaranteed to elicit responses.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is pretty simple...no one's forcing you to send your kids to the BSA, so don't send them. Form your own pro-gay Scouts.

You're not going to reform society, so stop trying to force your liberalism on everyone else.

Who is trying to force the BSA to accept gay kids? They made a choice to be homophobic, now they face the consequences of that choice, which is public scorn. That's freedom.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Society will reform itself, much to the chagrin of religious fundies.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Who is trying to force the BSA to accept gay kids? They made a choice to be homophobic, now they face the consequences of that choice, which is public scorn. That's freedom.

They were doing fine until they whiffed the winds of false change. No gays, no problems. Accept gays, now they have problems.

Nice spin, though...you're the master of it.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

As soon as Christians stop forcing their morals on the rest of society and let the rest of the world "live and let live.