Boy acts like idiot on facebook to girl, girl's mom chokes him

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Unfortunately, Americans today live in a society that doesn't allow for provocation.

NO one should be allowed to say something like that about someone else without consequences. Unfortunately, the only avenue the mother has would be to file a police report (since parents are basically worthless nowadays and the boys parents would likely do nothing). Of course, we all know where that police report would end up - no where.

That leaves people feeling powerless and helpless, and they turn to violence as the only means to strike back.

In an ideal world, the boy would be taken into a public square and flogged 5 or 6 times. No lasting damage, but a nice amount of pain, and a nice amount of embarrassment. Instead, we have the kid who is now a hero to his friends, and a mom that's likely to be brought up on assault charges.

All the while, our politicians, lawyers, and legal system continue to fail over and over again.

Let's face it - if that lady thought she could get appropriate satisfaction from our legal system or the police, she would have gone that route. She obviously understood what we understand - the legal system simply can't deal with this and neither can the police.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
NO one should be allowed to say something like that about someone else without consequences.

Um... why? If he hasn't broken any laws, then he should be allowed to say whatever the hell he wants. You know, that pesky freedom of speech stuff. People seem to think they have some sort of right to not be offended by something or someone. They don't. If he breaks laws, there are channels to deal with that. If not, then you're SOL and you'll just have to ignore his blathering. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones.... "?

tcG

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2006
^ But, but... the words were so vile and offensive... they burned my eyes! And I couldn't just turn off the computer and look away either!

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
'She's so ugly I wouldn't even rape her': The Facebook posts about teen that made her mother snap and 'choke boy, 14, in mall'
:biggrin:

As funny as that is, he totally deserved to be beaten.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know what the boy posted on facebook or twitter or whatever other garbage medium, but if no laws were broken, the woman should have kept her hands to herself. Assault charge seems appropriate.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Dude: Hey, dude!

Dude 2:Hey, dude! Wot's up?

Dude: I just choked, Dude!

Dude 2: No way, Dude!

Dude: Yah - I got some choke from a lady dude in tha MALL!!!

Dude 2: a lady dude choked you dude!?! is that yor thing, dude?!?! lol!!

Dude: Naw dude - lady wasnt dude that chocked me bra...

Dude 2: lady dude choked your bra?

Dude: Dude!? i dont wear a bra, bra!!! im sayin lady choked me in the mall, bra....

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
14 year old boy being a 14 years old boy. He simply doesn't understand how stupid and tweeny he looks, thinks he's being cool and doesn't have the empathy to see how hurtful his comments are.

Judging by his mother's initial response to his choking (not wanting to press charges, presumably because she understood a mother's need to protect her children and the dickishness of her son) talking to the boy's parents might have actually yielded results here. I mean, who wants to see their 14yr old son saying something as repugnant as he did.

Lady should have exhausted other options, and should have known better than to attack the boy. All that being said, I don't feel at all sorry for the little shit.

Feb 6, 2007
In his defense, the daughter was kind of ugly. What the hell is wrong with her face?

article-2152649-13632A82000005DC-606_634x386.jpg

Aaaaaaannnnnnnd, I'm going to hell.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh well, yah horray for facebook, a new super application that comes with a public license to be offensive ahole.

Its simply why I have avoided posting my profile on facebook like the plague. Better safe than sorry is the wiser course.

Maybe facebook should come with a Miranda warning, that anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion. Cheer up the choked smuck, some people think you should not have been choked nearly to death, while the other half think the Mom should have not done such a half assed job and instead should have completed the Job until the fellow was dead dead dead.

Such is vigilante mob justice on facebook, as for me I will opt out of mass stupidity. .

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Society appears complicit in the defense of such offensive language. Not much you can do.

Necrolezbeast

Apr 11, 2002
Have people completely forgotten that teenagers are stupid and say stupid things? He said it because he thought he was funny and was hoping for a response from his friends and or anyone that has view of his profile... positive or negative response... all this lady's actions did was reaffirm him that it probably was pretty cool because now he has an awesome story to go along with his retarded comments!

Kids say and do stupid shit everyday.... if we choked every young boy for all the inappropriate remarks they make, we'd probably be choking the majority of them more than once a day...

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Props to the mom, 30 years ago you could do that, but today you have to be more restrained. I wish they had a video of her choking the sh!t out of his little ass. :)

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Back in my day of growing up (70s) If a kid said stupid offensive shit to another kid and that kid was crying the parents would wollop the offending kid. The problem with todays youths are pussy parenting skills. Time-outs and the like don't always work. Some kids just need a beat-down occasionally. Man, this liberal country bullshit is pissing me off. I side with the choker on this one.

Sep 7, 2009
Was this really necessary?

Absolutely. It's the same childish mindset... That you can say and do whatever you want to someone and there are no repercussions. Nowadays I guess kids grow up with parents that protect anything they do, no matter how horrendous, the kid is 'always a victim'.

It's disgusting how so many people are incapable of realizing that their actions might just have a reaction.