Boxee help?

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
I'm having the same issue with every install of Boxee I attempt and I'm guessing it should be something easy but can't seem to figure it out.

I've installed boxee on Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 and Xbuntu 9.04. I can get boxee to install and start but on first run I get to the first page that has a big icon in the middle that asks to add a user and from then on out I can't get any of my input devices to work. Boxee loads at full screen and I can't get a pointer from my mouse, I can't tab on the keyboard to get over to highlight the add user icon. Ctrl + Alt + Delete does nothing. Can't seem to figure it out at all. Is my system locked or is there a way I need to add users?

Edit: Forgot some useful info possibly, here are the specs of the PC I'm using
AMD phenom 8650
Gigabyte mobo with integrated HD3200, I've installed the ATI drivers from ATI's page
2GB of memory
Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard and mouse, I've also attempted to use the keyboard and mouse combo off of my KVM switch too.

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
I've been doing more research and it sounds like it may be a known issue with the ATI drivers and the HD3200 integrated video card

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
ATI drivers get better by a lot with each release on linux, so if you don't have the latest, it'd be worth trying.
That said, integrated graphics don't see much love on Linux. And linux is still primarily nvidia's game anyway, if you have the option, pick up a cheap nvidia card if you're sticking with linux.