Bought the Oura 3 Ring. Love it so Far...

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I've had the Fitbit for about 2-years. I liked the device, but the big downside for me was its bulky. i'm not really into watches, and dislike anything on my wrist. So, I kept the Fitbit on my left forarm. I wanted to track my sleep, and my sleep quality and used the Fitbit for that, but making sure that it was secure on my arm when I was in bed was becoming a real hassle. I wanted something that was non-obtrusive. And, I found the Oura 3 Generation Ring. I ordered the ring and have been using it for about a week. So far, I like it. Its a ring with 15 sesors. The ring can detect heart rate in real time, oxygen saturation levels while asleep (SpO2), body temperature, quality of sleep (light, deep, REM) to name a few. You get a total breakdown of how well you slept, plus a readiness score before your day begins. It also has an activity score that counts steps, and lets you know how many calories you've burned. The app has a meditation section as well. So far I really like the ring.

Pros:
1) Its a ring. Its non-obtrusive. Comfortable for 24/7 wear
2) Accurate sleep data, tracking
3) App is very good, useful and helpful

Cons:
1) Pricey. My ring cost $299 (black) $399 for stealth, gold
2) $6.99 monthly fee to access user data. The first 6-months are free.
3) Subpar fitness tracker. Hopefully they add better features to make the Oura 3 a very good fitness tracker.

You have to watch for scratches if you are lifting heavy weights with the Oura 3. I plan on using gloves. Hopefully that will solve the issue for me. And no. I don't think there will be much discomfort.

I also have my ring on my index finger, as that is the best finger for optimal performance and accuracy.

download.jpg

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Sounds interesting, but the monthly fee is a deal breaker for me. Like is it worthless without the subscription?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Sounds interesting, but the monthly fee is a deal breaker for me. Like is it worthless without the subscription?

Kinda. Most of the data the ring collects will be behind a pay wall.