Bought a watch online, where can I get it sized?

theanimala

May 10, 2000
I bought a watch online because it was at least $500 less then purchasing it locally. The problem is it is too large for my girl. I have an old watch of her's that I can use for reference, but where can I get it done? Would any old jewelry store at the mall be able to do this sort of thing?

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
I got mine done at the local Jeweler not too long ago. $10 and about 5 minutes is all it took.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
macy's does it, but you'll probably get some inexperienced punk.

they won't do it unless you bought it from them... i guess it depends on the salesperson you get. but they sell kits on ebay for $5... or you could go to a jeweler shop like everyone said... cost us $7 i think.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
trust me macy's does it for a fee, but like I said I wouldn't go there with an expensive watch. Usually there's an old guy with a watch cart in the mall that'll do it also.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
do it your damn self. it's really easy

what type of pins does it have? look at the side of the links.. if they look like a circle cut in half its super easy..

what brand/model watch is it?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Depending on the price of the watch I would do one of two things....

If it is something "nice" like a Tag, Omega, Rolex or something high end I would take it to a dealer that sells that brand and have them size it, generally they will do it for free or charge you $10-20 depending on the place....

If it is something that isn't too expensive then take it to a mall kiosk that does Jewelery repair, they will have it done in under an hour and it will cost a flat fee, I have worked with some before and they are a hit or miss but sizing most generic watches isn't that hard.

good luck

theanimala

May 10, 2000
It's a Concord watch. I thought about buying a kit but I actually went to the kiosk at the mall. The young guy was very friendly and seemed to know his stuff. What I liked is that I was standing just 2 feet away, so I could see if he messed anything up, which he didn't. Cost $7 and took 5 minutes, well worth the money. Thanks everyone for the replies.