Bought a used CPU -shipping prob

caveman017

Aug 14, 2005
I bought a used CPU from a guy on this site. His heatware is 45 and had 118 positive ebay. He shipped it in a bubbled envelope, but there was no plastic casing around the procssor... he put it in a ziplock bag with paper towels around it... and he still had the thermal paste on it (gross).

There were about 18 pins bent and it took about 20 minutes to get it to fit into the socket.

Before leaving negative feedback, would it be out of the question to PM him and ask for a slight refund (hell even 10 bucks). It works fine now, its just like comeon already...

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Money back won't teach him a lesson. I would consider leaving a neutral (if that is possible, I think it is in Heatware IIRC). Explain the problem with the packaging so others will know about it in the future and will avoid him.

R

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I would ask for a full refund if you don't want it. If you want to keep it, I would probably leave a strongly worded positive or a neutral....just would depend on how he responded when I let him know about the shipping problem.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Neg on this guy, I'm sorry but if you dont know how to package something, ASK. He damaged the Product and the receiver had to repair before it was usable.

caveman017

Aug 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Skeeedunt
How the hell do you package a CPU for shipping anyway?

all AMD CPUs come in a plastic tray. MOST people keep them in the motherboard box.. If you lost it, at least put styrafoam around the pins- somthing like that

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004

:roll: putting the cpu in something like foam? some to prevent the pins from being damaged...?

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: goku

:roll: putting the cpu in something like foam? some to prevent the pins from being damaged...?

No need to get snippy. I thought foam/styrofoam might be a static problem, but apparently not...

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Negative not deserved as you did receive the product and it's working. Neutral for the lack of proper packaging and your time to bend the pins back into place.

Have you contacted him regarding this?