Bought a new Mazda 3 Hatchback, woo (more pictures)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: TubStain
You got MAD haggling skills. I've taken notes for the next time I need to buy a car.

Looking at when the car was manufactured? Wow..
just where would one find that info anyway?

=|

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Originally posted by: TubStain
You got MAD haggling skills. I've taken notes for the next time I need to buy a car.

Looking at when the car was manufactured? Wow..
just where would one find that info anyway?

=|

On the mazda 3 its when you open the driverside door and look on the inside lower part of the door frame.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i say u put up a comprehensive tutorial on how to haggle
c'mon...share the wealth

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Aharami
i say u put up a comprehensive tutorial on how to haggle
c'mon...share the wealth

I guess I didn't mention the part where, each dealer I called up I had the vin number of the exact car I wanted, so I just told them the vin and told them that was what I was interested in, and got a quote. The funny thing was, a few dealers said they didn't have that car, so I told them to check their weekly truck deliveries, and sure enough it was on the truck scheduled for delivery.

The internet is your friend. Get to know the car as well as you can, along with what other people are paying for the car, and if possible what dealers in your area are more hungry to make a sale.

When it came down to it. I had 3 dealerships down at invoice, but we went with the yellow.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
So, if you have to open the door to get the VIN, how did you get it if the car was in shipment? And how can three dealers all have the same car? VIN numbers are different from car to car!

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
So, if you have to open the door to get the VIN, how did you get it if the car was in shipment? And how can three dealers all have the same car? VIN numbers are different from car to car!
Mazda's website has a database with all their dealers and their inventory, which includes information about the car's options, color, VIN, etc.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Mazda's website has a database with all their dealers and their inventory, which includes information about the car's options, color, VIN, etc.

Cool. Playing with it now.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001

Cool. Playing with it now.

I just meant they all had the same modle with the same options but different colors.... so there were several dealers who had what I wanted (but different VIN's)

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Rent
PICS :)

Taking my camera out right now, but dont expect any till I get to work :(

Crap.. cant find my connector cable for my digi cam!

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Congratulations dxkj!

I also just bought one, but I've been waiting to make my thread because I don't have pics yet. Mine's red :)

:beer: for us!

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I test drove a sedan S version with AT. I told them to call me back when they had an S MT available. I'll try to drive it this weekend.

gluck

Oct 29, 2003
Damn Mazda. I wanted the Mazda 3 or 6 like a couple of months ago, but since they were just out and selling like hot cakes the damn salesman said please don't even think of any discounts or negotiations. We can't even deliver you the car for like another 10 days. If you wan't pay full price. Thought for a split second and said screw you and bought my civic 04 for $1750 less than invoice. Yuhoo and this baby drinks gas like a bird !!

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
Congrats on your new ford focus! ;)
The new Ford Focus that will be based off this platform doesn't even exist yet.
rolleye.gif

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Joemonkey Congrats on your new ford focus! ;)
The new Ford Focus that will be based off this platform doesn't even exist yet.
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
yourself... does the wink emoticon not mean ANYTHING anymore?!?!

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Nice car :)

Mazda really has been putting out a lot of good looking cars lately, I wonder what they'll do next in terms of design.