Bottom half of screen flickers - Radeon HD 6670

htwingnut

Jun 11, 2008
Anyone ever have this happen? I can't seem to make it go away. Basically the bottom half of the screen flickers any time I move a window around or access something on the screen. I have tried different drivers, swapped video cables, and that didn't help. If I switch resolution to something else then back then it goes away. Just annoying to have to do that any time system is booted up.

This is on a SFF Shuttle with Core 2 Quad, Radeon HD 6670, Dell 2007 WFP 1680x1050 LCD, DVI cable.

Here's YouTube video with the issue (13 seconds is all):

http://youtu.be/tAtkahsbZoI

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
That is quite .... odd. My first guess is the connector on the video card. Do you have another DVI/HDMI/VGA connection you can try?

htwingnut

Jun 11, 2008
Good point. I guess I can try VGA and use that if need be. I don't use that machine that often. I just found a nifty little app called qres.exe that lets you set resolution and color depth at the command line. I just put it in a bat file and run it at startup. It's a temp fix. This machine also direly needs a fresh reinstall of Windows, I just don't want to take the time to do it. It's had Windows 7 since about release day and hasn't had a reinstall since.

davidgolani11

Feb 19, 2013
My HD6670 flickers too! I hate this card. It apparently has something to do with it switching between low and high speed, 100Mhz vs 800Mhz. I have tried to fix it at maximum clock but it goes down anyway I think its burned into the firmware.