Both sides are not the same

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Saw this on another forum -

Remember folks, despite that time when an Uber driver shot six people dead while screaming "Make America Great Again," or when a guy in a MAGA hat killed two random bystanders, or when a Trump supporter murdered two cops who told him to put away his Confederate flag, or when Trump supporters beat and pissed on a homeless man while screaming about "illegals," or when a guy in a MAGA hat beat up a Muslim kid and a Hispanic man in a gas station, or when a Trump supporter stabbed a black man for holding hands with a white woman, or when a Trump supporter attacked a Muslim woman at an airport, or when a Trump supporter punched a 70 year old in the face, or when a Trump supporter brutally beat up a protestor, or when a Trump supporter attacked an Indian man in a restaurant while calling him a "sand *DARKLY COLORED FELLOW AMERICAN*,"or when Trump supporters called a gay man a "lovely human" as he was beaten up, or when a Trump supporter called elementary school black kids monkeys before attempting to run them over in his car, or when a Trump supporter attacked a man after yelling Sieg Heil, or when Trump supporters screamed the n word while beating up a black man so bad he was sent to the hospital, or when a Trump supporter groped a fifteen year old, called her a "*DARKLY COLORED FELLOW AMERICAN* lover," and pepper sprayed her directly in the face, or when a Trump supporter yelled deportation at a black man in public before punching him, or when a Trump supporter sucker punched a random Hispanic man in the back of the head, or when a group of Trump supporters groped and beat a protestor, or when a Trump supporter beat up a black man outside of a hospital for visiting his infant, or when a Republican politician grabbed a woman's privates and yelled that Trump made this legal now, or when a Canadian Trump supporter killed six people in a mosque, or when a Trump supporter beat up his African immigrant cab driver, or when a Trump supporter brutally beat up a gay man at a McDonald's, or when a white supremacist killed two people on public transportation in Portland for defending the Muslim girl he was harassing, or when a white supremacist stabbed and killed a teenager on a BART train, or when a Muslim gay rights activist was kidnapped and raped by two Trump supporters, or when a transgender person's car was vandalized and set on fire, or when a Trump supporter assaulted two Muslim women and a baby in a stroller, or when a Trump supporter in Austin killed multiple people with package bombs, or when a Trump supporter shot a protestor in the stomach at point blank range, or when a Trump supporter yelled "heil Trump" as he shot out the windows of minority-owned businesses, or when a Trump supporter murdered a black student at college for dating a white woman, or when a Trump supporter attacked liberals at a college with a machete, there are dangerous people on both sides.

According to at least one person hereabouts they were probably all faked.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm generally opposed to any government exerting too much control over anything or anyone unless it is necessary. Yes, I understand that the concept of what is and isn't necessary varies from person to person, but in general I want government to have as little control as it is practical without anarchy ensuing.

In general, I believe the democratic party wants to see the majority of power sit with government so they, as members of that government, can control that power.

In general, I believe that the republican party wants to see a weaker government with less regulation so private corporations and private interests gain more power, and they by owning or controlling those interests gain power/wealth/etc.

It is human nature to seek power, wealth, fame, stature, influence, comfort, etc. True altruistic motives are much harder to find in a politician. And even if motives are altruistic and noble, very few are actually equipped to govern others well.

The Democrats have a better track record of caring for their fellow man than the Republicans do by a long shot. That doesn't mean I would trust the Dems to do what is in *MY* best interests if they became the unopposed power holder in government. I kind of like it when the two sides have to compromise and can't get everything they want.

So, the only point I was ever trying to make in this tread is that both sides should have as little power as possible because *I* don't' see a *huge* difference between what both ultimately want: POWER. And I'd rather my federal government have a little power over individuals and states as is practical, again, without anarchy ensuing.

So, please stop comparing specific actions by either side to somehow trip me up in this debate. I've already acknowledged many times that many of the democrats' ideas are better for the country, and that I hate Trump with a passion, and even that I think Nancy Pelosi would make a better POTUS than Trump. But I'm *never* going to agree that the Dems don't need to be held in check almost as much as the republicans do. Power corrupts. Period.

So, you're just spreading FUD about the character & intentions of Democrats.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
So, you're just spreading FUD about the character & intentions of Democrats.
What did I say that was FUD? How many elected members of government have you ever met? I've personally met a metric crap load.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
This reminds me of a song.

I see your true colors shining through..............
Call me a liar all you want if it makes you feel better. Most folks choose sides and anyone they don't agree with must be a lying member of the opposition. Hold tight to that if it comforts you.