Both parties don't really represent black people.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm not right wing. I'm center-wing. Like it or not, Obama is seen as a representation of black people.
Everyone believes they're "center-wing." That's pretty much the first rule of politics, that everyone assumes their ideas are completely sane and rational, and that any conflicting ideas must be the product of extremism.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Democrats promote entrepreneurship for all Americans through funding for the SBA & other efforts. We help Blacks be a part of that through anti-discrimination efforts.

Oh, and that strawman of yours in the first paragraph is pathetic.
It's fun, isn't it? If you help too much, you're accused of identity politics, promoting "incompetent" people through affirmative action, and (Slow's favorite) "racism against whites."
But if you help too little, then you're accused of being no better than the people who celebrated when a 13 year old "thug" playing with a toy gun got murdered by a cop on camera.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not at all. Propaganda has been in use as long as spoken language. I find it fascinating.
The difference between us is that the propaganda you like is the best propaganda. You choose to believe that Russian mind benders control the thoughts of millions of dimwitted republicans. I have trouble buying into it. That's why I want to chat with them, I want to pit my Jedi mind skills against the very best the Russians have to offer.

That's a non sequiter given that the Russians merely mimic the GOP message & put their own calculated spin on it. They don't control our thoughts. They help our most divisive politicians like Trump persuade us to burn down common decency & mutual respect along with the Institutions of the Government of the People. A weak & divided America means a stronger Russia in relative terms.

They picked a team in the American political divide & that's Trump & the GOP. They're not trying to do us any favors.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Getty, allow me to help you out a bit.

I hope you realize that the way you lay out your post in content and context is actually counter-productive to the apparent intent of which you allude to. All you're doing is providing further evidence of how Trump's supporters are relying on the obvious and blatant attempts by their politicians to deceive them into compliance, to manipulate and exploit their emotions rather than appealing to their common sense reasoning faculties.

This is not a predominantly alt-fact Trump loving forum where what you posted would have a slam dunked stamp of approval without any solid factual evidence being offered in support.

This P&N forum lives in the real world where Trump's and the GOP's daily doses of lies, acts of treason and deception are called out and debunked with supporting evidence.

You need to step up your game by super hero leaps and bounds if you want to make a convincing argument here.

Stick with the facts and a convincing argument. It's the only way you're going to get anywhere in this community.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Everyone believes they're "center-wing." That's pretty much the first rule of politics, that everyone assumes their ideas are completely sane and rational, and that any conflicting ideas must be the product of extremism.

"Centrist" - noun, meaning "anything which doesn't adversely effect my self-interest or those of my wider demographic group"

Edit, no, wait, it's more of an adjective.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I so hope you're right about this! I've been dying to actually chat with a Russian mind bender.
Well, for me the goal wasn’t so much to be right but to dump some of my pent-up frustrated rage that’s been building in my psyche since President Putin Puppet purloined the presidency with the help of Russian psychological warefare. I’m so angry I can see over the edge, and striking out like a blind viper just makes me feel better.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If you’re not rich enough to be a major donor, neither party actually represents you. Our political system has become “pay to play” in the worst way possible.

I’ve said for many years, “The USA has the best political/government system money can (and usually does) buy.”

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That's a non sequiter given that the Russians merely mimic the GOP message & put their own calculated spin on it. They don't control our thoughts. They help our most divisive politicians like Trump persuade us to burn down common decency & mutual respect along with the Institutions of the Government of the People. A weak & divided America means a stronger Russia in relative terms.

They picked a team in the American political divide & that's Trump & the GOP. They're not trying to do us any favors.
The tune has suddenly changed, though the end result remains the same.
We can't stop any country from trying to interfere with US elections. Social media as it exists makes that an absolute impossibility. It's arguably the perfect vehicle for propaganda. The only folks that are insulated are skeptics and Luddites
Well, for me the goal wasn’t so much to be right but to dump some of my pent-up frustrated rage that’s been building in my psyche since President Putin Puppet purloined the presidency with the help of Russian psychological warefare. I’m so angry I can see over the edge, and striking out like a blind viper just makes me feel better.
Everyone needs to vent now and then.
I'm lucky (or stupid and apathetic) in that I don't get much worked up over politics (most of the time). My anger is almost always at local or state government because of the never ending string of hoops I have to jump through to make a living.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
This is the problem here. Liberals here say "oh, black people don't use welfare, the majority of white people are on welfare, yadda, yadda"

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I'm an Independent.

Do Democrats advocate for entrepreneurship for black Americans, you know, black people who want start their own businesses, etc?
WTF are you talking about?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yes, you're the racist. And I'm the racist for acknowledging your racism

And in some quantum computational paradox solving nirvana this actually makes sense to Slow and company. Either that or .... well, its a lot simpler...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The tune has suddenly changed, though the end result remains the same.
We can't stop any country from trying to interfere with US elections. Social media as it exists makes that an absolute impossibility. It's arguably the perfect vehicle for propaganda. The only folks that are insulated are skeptics and Luddites

Which conveniently ignores the issue of who the Russians are backing & why. It's not like Trump actually said anything new, either. He just repackaged the right wing message of FUD in a shiny new wrapper & sold the hell out of it.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is the problem here. Liberals here say "oh, black people don't use welfare, the majority of white people are on welfare, yadda, yadda"

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I'm an Independent.

Do Democrats advocate for entrepreneurship for black Americans, you know, black people who want start their own businesses, etc?

I would hope so? You got evidence to the contrary?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My anger is almost always at local or state government because of the never ending string of hoops I have to jump through to make a living.
I really do sympathize with that. The only thing I can say about it is that we live in a system of competitiveness that if unchecked by government regulation, people who do not have your moral character would cheat so badly that you wouldn't be able to make an honest living. It is always the most conscious and the best among us that suffer from regulation in order to protect ordinary people who lack the expertise to protect themselves from criminals and cheaters.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And in some quantum computational paradox solving nirvana this actually makes sense to Slow and company. Either that or .... well, its a lot simpler...

Talk in circles until you get your way, stamp your feet if anyone challenges you. Sound familiar?

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
You are 100 Percent correct! I mean there is some legislation tailored to help us. The rest of the time we are on our own trying to survive on meager income or little income at all. These search and seizure laws do not help either. Someones days pay or savings are hard to get back by the crooked justice system in many states if you can not prove the money is yours. We just have it bad all the way around. This is a country that could give two shits about us. Look at that crooked election in Florida and Georgia for example.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'm not right wing. I'm center-wing. Like it or not, Obama is seen as a representation of black people.

By some people! And who might those people be? I'd say they'd more likely be Trump supporters. And it is this racial identity mindset with its myths of "us" and "them" that led to electing the most disgusting "white" person ever to appear on TV since the landmark broadcast of the 1936 Olympic Games.

I've witnessed Trumpies who as much as say so, excluding the "most disgusting person" part. Trump was elected with Russian assistance as a reaction to an Obama presidency which did nothing to worsen the lives of the reactionaries. For eight years, they fumed about their health-care conniptions condemning the ACA, without so much as mentioning their background thinking about "the N****r in the ER". "Oh, Obama's messing with my healthcare! Obama's messing with my taxes! Heaven forbid!" This is a case of what they just imagine, due to myths that grow easily in certain racial demographics which reduce cross-racial familiarity and grow from malcontent myth-happy minds.

Reactions: jameny5

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
You are a Russian hoping to help divide America. The question is, what’s the pay?
The problem with you liberals is that you assume anyone who doesn't support you are Russian. You're foolish. I voted for Hillary but post-2016, the Democrats are to the left of Marx. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I'm an Independent. The Democratic Party thinks that every black voter must be a Democrat. Black people are not monolithic. You don't understand that people voted for Trump for a reason. He won the Electoral College for a reason. The Democratic Party did not have a message.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
By some people! And who might those people be? I'd say they'd more likely be Trump supporters. And it is this racial identity mindset with its myths of "us" and "them" that led to electing the most disgusting "white" person ever to appear on TV since the landmark broadcast of the 1936 Olympic Games.

I've witnessed Trumpies who as much as say so, excluding the "most disgusting person" part. Trump was elected with Russian assistance as a reaction to an Obama presidency which did nothing to worsen the lives of the reactionaries. For eight years, they fumed about their health-care conniptions condemning the ACA, without so much as mentioning their background thinking about "the N****r in the ER". "Oh, Obama's messing with my healthcare! Obama's messing with my taxes! Heaven forbid!" This is a case of what they just imagine, due to myths that grow easily in certain racial demographics which reduce cross-racial familiarity and grow from malcontent myth-happy minds.
At least 30%-40% of white Americans vote Democratic. If you are a black person, you vote Republican you get attacked. There needs to be more political options in this country.

Reactions: jameny5