Bose QuietComfort 2 Noise Cancellation Headphones. Anyone have it?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Anyone try one yet?

I have tried several lower end ones - Sennheiser, Sony, Koss (I think), and they all sucked. Noise cancellation was acceptable, but the sound quality was pretty poor.

I'm normally not a fan of Bose, but I am told that they make the best external (ie. not in-the-ear) noise-cancelling headphones.

Now they have this QuietComfort 2 out and I'm tempted, but US$299 is a pretty big chunk of coin just to be able to use this on the plane. I'd be using this with my iPod.

Real world reviews?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I do know that a LOT of pilots use BOSE's noise cancelling headphones so it should be good. Doesn't BOSE supply special headphones to the airforce as well?

Ender

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2001
My general impression is that you're wealthy so go for it. If you don't like it, return the thing to the store.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Are closed headphones not enough for you? I've found that decently loud music and my (former)Sony MDR-V600s are fine for most loud outside sources.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n
They = crap, get etys ;)

or try some hd280s
I'm trying to avoid etys but I might just have to go that direction.

Aren't the HD280s huge, and won't they hurt my ears? Have you used them on a plane? The price seems OK though.

Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Epinions
Thanks, but that's the previous model.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Eug, are you looking for Noise Cancellation headphones or are you just looking for cans that you can listen to on a plane and not hear the engine noise?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Eug, are you looking for Noise Cancellation headphones or are you just looking for cans that you can listen to on a plane and not hear the engine noise?
Just for the plane. The only problem with big cans is the size and the fact the (very) few I tried always make my head sore, like I'm wearing a helmet that's too small.