Borky e6600 idle, non-oced temps.

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
I don't get it. I'm using a Zalman CNPS9500, and I'm seeing idle temps in the low 50s. Somethings borky over here... And thats without OCing... Any help, guys?

Using core temp. Voltage is currently reported as 1.3v. I'm using AS5 in between.

EDIT: Loads are @ 55-57.

EDIT2: I decided to do a little experiment and touched the metal fins on the Zalman while it was under load. They were extremely cool, in fact, I had to concentrate just to feel a heat difference between them and the air in my room.

EDIT3: Opening up the case and setting the two 120mm fans facing my Zalman to Max, and changing Zalman cooler from Optimal to Performance (2000 to 2518 RPM) helped drop the load temperature to about 48C. However, I can't bear the noise and need to find a way to drop load and idle without making a bunch of noise.

EDIT4: Closing case, changing 120mm fans back to low, leaving Zalman maxed out. Load temps are at 55, meaning changing the Zalman speed has nearly no affect on the temps.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
if you are 100% sure you mounted properly, then im afraid your only choice left is to lap something, either your heatsink or your cpu.

good luck.

blank98

Nov 9, 2006
Yup im using a Zalman 9500 and my idle temps are in the low 50's and on load it only goes up to around 55C...weird.

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
Using core temp. Voltage is currently reported as 1.3v. I'm using AS5. Going to check my load temps to see if the same thing is happening as with blank98

EDIT: Loads are @ 55-57.

EDIT2: I decided to do a little experiment and touched the metal fins on the Zalman while it was under load. They were extremely cool, in fact, I had to concentrate just to feel a heat difference between them and the air in my room.

EDIT3: Opening up the case and setting the two 120mm fans facing my Zalman to Max, and changing Zalman cooler from Optimal to Performance (2000 to 2518 RPM) helped drop the load temperature to about 48C. However, I can't bear the noise and need to find a way to drop load and idle without making a bunch of noise.

EDIT4: Closing case, changing 120mm fans back to low, leaving Zalman maxed out. Load temps are at 55, meaning changing the Zalman speed has nearly no affect on the temps.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
I would take it off and remount it personally. My E6600 is on watercooling, but I get 25-35C idle temps, depending if the case side panel is on or off. The highest I've seen it climb to at load was 44C. That's with stock voltage.