Bored....recommend me a game

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I've played every game until boredom. Online fps and mobas aren't cutting it for me anymore. The Witcher 3 and GTA V are things of the past and I need to find something to move on to. I find my self wanting to play a game every time I sit down at the computer, but I mostly end up on reddit or youtube.

So please recommend me a game that you found both fun and compelling. It can be either online or single player. I just desperately need something to get rid of this boredom.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Just looking through my played games on steam:
-Deus Ex HR if you havent played yet
-Civ 5
-Spelunky
-FTL
-A telltame game if youre into that sort of stuff (walking dead was pretty good)
-Binding of Isaac
-Dishonored (i thought Deus Ex HR was a little better, but they are very similar. I liked the story/world better in DE:HR)
-Bioshock Infinite (like DEHR and dishonored)
-portal 2
-Hotline Miami
-Orcs must die 2
-KSP
-Prison Architect
-Case Story+
-Defense Grid
-vvvvvv
-supermeatboy
-papers please
-xcom
-Batman AC or AA
-NHL if you own a PS or Xbox

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Assassin's Creed: Rogue

I have always hated the repetitive nature of Assassin's Creed games. Tried to give the new ones a try as well and found that they are all pretty much the same.

World of warships.

I am a regular player of WoWS and WoT. However, as of lately they cause more stress than fun :(.

Trove.... if you like 30+ minute queues. ;)

I played Trove up until LVL 11 where I found the game has nothing much to offer after that.

Xcom Enemy Within
Dark Souls

Loved and beat XCOM: Enemy Within. Dark Souls I gave up on due to the fact that I did not have a controller (KB/M is abysmal).

Have you played Dishonored?.worth a shot.

Played and beat Dishonored twice, one of my favourite stealth games of all time.

Just looking through my played games on steam:

Pretty much played and beat every game listed, hence the reason I find my self bored now :(.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
have you tried any paradox game? I havent played any yet myself (no time), but for someone who is looking for something deep they might be what your lookin for.

Havent played these games yet, but I own most and will play as soon as my life gets less crazy:
MGSV
Trackmania
GOT - telltale (on a side note if your into TV shows and havent seen GOT yet go do it, you will forget about games for a while)
SanctuaryRPG
Insurgency
Democracy 3
The Talos Principle (heard really good things about this, want to play ASAP)
Metro 2033 and Last light redux
Black Mesa (HL1 mod/remaster)
Dead Pixels
Goat Sim
Monaco
South PArk
Transistor
brothers
Sid Meiers Pirates
Path of Exile
Any of the Final Fantasys that are now on steam
Anitchamber
the swapper
gunpoint
spec ops the line

idk just listing a bunch that Ive heard a lot about and want to play soon. Im sure youve already played a bunch but maybe one will stick out. Hopefully your not in the same position as me - which is when I do have time for games I end up staring at a list of 800+ games on steam and end up playing something Ive already played a ton of and then getting bored.

EDITL also from my wishlist:
Grim fandango remastered
car mechanic sim 2015
polybridge (popular on reddit recently)
ARK survival evolved
snakebird
divinity original sin
rise of nations
mini metro

Last edited:

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Also i just saw rocket league (which I thought was a ps4 exclusive) is now on steam. Looks really fun.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Also i just saw rocket league (which I thought was a ps4 exclusive) is now on steam. Looks really fun.

I have played it on PS4 and while I find it incredibly difficult because the AI seems to fight you, it's not bad multiplayer.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Shadow of Mordor
Mortal Kombat X
Darksiders II
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Half-Life 2 + Episodes
Painkiller: Gold Edition
Portal 2
Alien: Isolation
Saints Row: The Third (or IV)
Serious Sam 3
Prey
Shadow Warrior
The Walking Dead
Borderlands 2
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II + Expansions
STALKER (trilogy)
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Hard Reset
Trine
World of Goo
TES V: Skyrim
Fallout 3
Mass Effect (trilogy)
Dragon Age (trilogy)
Crysis (trilogy)
Dead Space (trilogy)

How about MMORPGs? Essentially, games that never end. Have you tried TERA? What about DC Universe Online, Champions Online, Guild Wars 2, or RIFT (and oh so many others). Have you looked at the Steam's Free to Play category? What about GoG.com's enormous library of mostly old(er) titles? I'm sure you'll find something.

Last edited:

bara

Banned
Jul 23, 2015
i5 3570k@4.5|GA-Z77X-UD4H|Corsair Vengeance 16gb|PowerColor PCS+ 290 1150/1475 |Samsung 840 pro 128|2x4tb Seagate barracuda|AX750|Arc Midi.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
i5 3570k@4.5|GA-Z77X-UD4H|Corsair Vengeance 16gb|PowerColor PCS+ 290 1150/1475 |Samsung 840 pro 128|2x4tb Seagate barracuda|AX750|Arc Midi.

Hey you have a great setup there.:p*scratches head*.im nervous.???what the hell.

Last edited:

cyphilis

May 7, 2008
I am addicted to Rust.. you should give it a shot if you haven't ever,. and if you did in the past give it another shot because its a totally different game then it was even 6 months ago, much less a year ago. They are making big strides with every week's update.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
I'll throw some other ones out there too

Shadowrun Returns *standard cyberpunk campaign; but its all the player made campaigns that are awesome*

Shadowrun Returns - Dragonfall *fixes issues that were in Returns; my game of the year for 2014; its really that damn good; and again all the player made campaigns*

Ronin - freaking awesome turn based puzzlish kinda game - think spiderman meets ninja with objects and hunting down bad guys. Its hard to explain but so much fun
Guns; Gore; and Cannoli - think metal slug meets 1920s proper gangsters and zombies. This game is awesome - bar none one of the most fun games I've played in awhile. Great one liners - lots of weapons; blowing things up. Killing zombies; the mob etc......seriously awesome fun

Hex - what magic the gathering online should of been.......seirously

Hearthstone - didn't think I'd like it - but its a good time killer; one mistake and you loose the match.

Elder Scrolls Online - turned into excellent mmo - they fixed most of the issues that plagued it from the start; good quest lines.

The Old Republic - just for the storylines alone - and looks to be kinda rebooting in October if you sub; free expansion.

Lichdom - really fun game that makes you feel like you're a powerful mage; really deep crafting - at times I forgot how much fun kiting is.

Skyforge - its in beta; but think of City of Heroes; Final Fantasy 10 skill tree; Aion; with a dash of fantasy and cyberpunk thrown into a blender. You know what so far it works and is a lot of fun. Pretty original concept on way characters are done too.

Wasteland 2 - they just keep on giving with this one; major patch released to fix issue - awesome game.

Pillars of Eternity - Obsidian - extremely good writing - great throw back to BG and BGII - I forget how much time has gone playing; there is a massive world to explore.

I'm at work I'll add more later :)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
holy sh*, someone likes Awakening better than the original Defense Grid?