Borderlands Pre-Sequel now for sale

Aug 11, 2008
Just saw the ad on Steam. It is full price for the game, 59.99. Since the developer made a point of it being a smaller game than BL3 would have been, I was hoping for a cheaper price. At least you get 10.00 off on steam if you own BL1 or BL2.

Loved both of the games so far, but am apprehensive about this one. Not sure how I will like the low gravity mechanic, hopefully they wont make it into a jumping, flying platformer, or make running out of air really annoying like Metro LL. Also dont know how the story will go playing as the villians you learned to hate so much in BL2. And *spoiler alert* we know what happens after the end of the game, so just seems a bit weird.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Game looks awesome, I love all the colors and stuff they are using for the environments. Borderlands is one of my favorite series currently.

That being said, I will be waiting for a sale as I haven't even started BL2 yet. I'm currently on General Knoxx DLC of Borderlands 1.

The Borderlands games are really, really big... so even if this one is smaller it's probably still bigger than Destiny lol...

Aug 11, 2008
Game looks awesome, I love all the colors and stuff they are using for the environments. Borderlands is one of my favorite series currently.

That being said, I will be waiting for a sale as I haven't even started BL2 yet. I'm currently on General Knoxx DLC of Borderlands 1.

The Borderlands games are really, really big... so even if this one is smaller it's probably still bigger than Destiny lol...

I got a Steam gift card for my birthday. Probably will use it and get this game right away, although I might wait to hear some reviews about how the low gravity mechanic works.
This game and Dragon Age Inquisition are the only games coming out within the next year that I will consider paying full price for. Just too many deals on steam.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I've put a few hundred hours into BL 1 + 2, but at $60 I'm going to wait unless there is some good pre-order bonus like with BL2 where you got Gaige. Even then I'm not sure about $50-60 for it.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I bought BL1 to replay with a friend the other day. Just so people are aware we because I wasn't, multiplayer is not available right now as they are apparently still switching from Gamespy to Steamworks.

That said, I enjoyed BL2 a bit, not as much as 1, but it was OK. I'm curious to see how the prequel is. Hopefully it's awesome, because I need more Co-op RPG, FPS's in my life right now.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I suspect just like the previous games their blur and bob implementation will make me feel very unwell. Its one of the few series of games I really want to play but really cant. I did finally get BL2 working with some config file tweaks, but it didn't work the same way in BL1 and its certainly not something in their graphics options. I am going to pass on this one, I don't need to vomit more!

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I wasn't a terribly big fan of the previous two BLs games. I won't be paying $60 for this, that's for sure. Maybe when it's $10 on a Steam sale a year or so from now.

Sattern

Jul 20, 2014
Skylercompany.com
It looks good, but I would have to stick with it on the Console.

I've played Borderlands when it came out on the Xbox 360 and it was so much more fun than playing it on my computer.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I am waiting until the reviews come in. The oxygen and jumping mechanics just seem like gimmicks to make the game play a little different. I don't think they will add much.

While I enjoyed BL1 and BL2 I primarily played as single player and I have grown a little weary of the made for multiple player boss fights and poor loot drops as a single player.

I understand that BL is a game series targeted at multiplayer game play, still, I really wish they would do something to make single player games a bit more balanced. First world problem I guess. :)

-KeithP

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
FYI, if you are a GreenManGaming email subscriber, they just sent out a 30% off pre-order code (~18 dollar discount).

I don't know if the code is unique or region locked.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I didn't play BL2, but was the quest system similar to BL1? "Hey, go kill 15 <whatever a boar was in the game>!" I just am not interested in MMO quests without the MMO part. =(

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I didn't play BL2, but was the quest system similar to BL1? "Hey, go kill 15 <whatever a boar was in the game>!" I just am not interested in MMO quests without the MMO part. =(

Even in BL1 that was just an intro / tutorial quest and some of the sidequests. The main quests were fighting through large areas with waves of enemies then usually fighting a boss.

BL2 has more of a story, with one central villain (Handsome Jack) along with the area bosses.

Both are action RPGs with guns and FPS aiming, so if you don't like Diablo, Torchlight, Titan Quest, etc. there's a good chance you won't enjoy BL 1-2-TPS.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Even in BL1 that was just an intro / tutorial quest and some of the sidequests. The main quests were fighting through large areas with waves of enemies then usually fighting a boss.

BL2 has more of a story, with one central villain (Handsome Jack) along with the area bosses.

Both are action RPGs with guns and FPS aiming, so if you don't like Diablo, Torchlight, Titan Quest, etc. there's a good chance you won't enjoy BL 1-2-TPS.

There were more than one "go kill x number of y or save x number of y from the dickwolves" quest in BL 1. I beat it with two different characters.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I wasn't a terribly big fan of the previous two BLs games. I won't be paying $60 for this, that's for sure. Maybe when it's $10 on a Steam sale a year or so from now.

That's how I feel. I was pissed I spent $60 on the last one. I didn't think it was that great. It was fun for a while but got old for me.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Pre-order promo from GMG for 30% off. $42.00 for a $60.00 game.

SJXJX8-47U3WR-5ECH93 <- promo code

PureBooYah

Jan 2, 2003

It's been a while since I played BL2, but I would say some of the optional side quests were similar. Then again, those quests are pretty much in any game that has quests. The BL2 story missions were much more interesting though.

Long story short, if you didn't really like BL1, you probably won't like BL2. You could always take a look through the quest list http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_mission_flow too

As for the Pre-sequel, I think I'm going to try to hold off. With BL1 and 2, I enjoy the first play through, force myself through a 2nd (my friends wanting to is the only reason I do), and then never touch them again. I'll probably get it when it's under $30 unless my friends talk me into it sooner.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
There were more than one "go kill x number of y or save x number of y from the dickwolves" quest in BL 1. I beat it with two different characters.

That's why I said "and sidequests" :)

Yes, there were story quests like "kill x cars to [ enrage ] the car boss" but it was mostly optional sidequests where you were asked to kill x of something.

I guess if you look at it loosely enough, the main mechanics are:
- fight through an area to a boss
- gather x items to do something (trigger boss, get a gun, whatever)
- kill x of an enemy type for a (side)quest

... but that's going to be true of almost any other FPS too. Fight, gather, throw switches / push buttons / open doors.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I just wish they had not decided to use the cel-shaded cartoony look. I does not like it a bits.

thedosbox

Oct 16, 2009
I'll wait this one out until the game has been out awhile. I enjoyed the first game, but the second didn't really grab me as much. "Saving" $18 isn't that big a deal if the game turns out to be a turd.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
It looks good, but I would have to stick with it on the Console.

I've played Borderlands when it came out on the Xbox 360 and it was so much more fun than playing it on my computer.

lol really?

just the other day I was comparing xbox 360 borderlands to my pc

720p, 30fps, tearing, low quality graphics, no anti aliasing, no anisotropic filtering, stupid long load times

vs

1080p, 60fps, vsync, high quality graphics, anti aliasing, 16x anisotropic filtering, near instantaneous load times