Borderlands Handsome Collection Free until 6/4/2020

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011

Re-posting it here as well as it is such a great game that deserves maximum exposure in the forums.

The final DLC hasn't been yet added, so we're limited to 72 level, but it will available soon, just check in-game for it as well as the high-res textures pack.

Enjoy responsibly with up to 4 friends :)

Reactions: KeithP

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
They could give 100 games away for free and it still won't be enough for me to support Tencent.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
They could give 100 games away for free and it still won't be enough for me to support Tencent.

You could do what I do…I have never installed their game client, but I created an account and sign in to their web page to grab the freebie deals. This way, in the future, should I decide their game client is finally up to snuff, I can install it and I have all those free games waiting for me.

-KeithP

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
You could do what I do…I have never installed their game client, but I created an account and sign in to their web page to grab the freebie deals. This way, in the future, should I decide their game client is finally up to snuff, I can install it and I have all those free games waiting for me.

-KeithP
You're still supporting Tencent. You do you, but I refuse to show any support towards that company or any company that they are involved in (which is a lot now). What they've done and continue to do to gaming is ridiculous (Diablo Immortal for instance) and I won't be a part of that.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Epic store, eww.

Also doesn't Borderland require you to log in now, making offline play impossible?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
To be fair, Timothy Dean Sweeney CEO of epic has made his stance on censorship and will not allow the chinese investors to censor anything as long as he is on the board.
So even the whole blitzchung fiasco, he was quick to give china the middle finger, even tho tencent went on a rampage, and could not get him to censor anything.
That is why i honestly started to use Epic.
Until that changes, and we get a chinese CEO that is deep paid for by CCP pockets, Epic is a pretty great platform.
I do wish however we could see more pay sub platforms like Microsoft Live, and Origin Premier, as i rarely play something for more then a few months, and always move onto the next platform.

Origin premier has already paid for itself in the past 4 titles so i am pretty sure i will renew it again, but lately they haven't released anything, but if the mass effect remakes do come out, i may renew it just for those.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Epic store, eww.

Also doesn't Borderland require you to log in now, making offline play impossible?
I can't speak for Epic, but on Steam you don't have to log in.

To be fair, Timothy Dean Sweeney CEO of epic has made his stance on censorship and will not allow the chinese investors to censor anything as long as he is on the board.
Like any and all CEOs, he's easily replaced.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Epic store, eww.

nah, not on Epic store, either. It has specific offline mode within the game that you can activate.

...I'm also not familiar with any BL game that requires an account. ....though maybe I had to use a shift account on install for BL3? I honestly don't remember if that was required the one time, or if it is the same as before: just gives you access to keys. But there is more functionality, because I do think Shift now handles there co-op and all the other online/share features. So, there is that. If I did ever login under some account with a password for BL3, it was on the initial install.

I've never had to do that with the previous two games.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Okay, I had heard the Epic login had been patched into the game years after release.

I still don't like the Epic store for reasons having nothing specifically to do with Tencent.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Okay, I had heard the Epic login had been patched into the game years after release.

I still don't like the Epic store for reasons having nothing specifically to do with Tencent.

I bet this is what you're thinking of:

This went down shortly after I finished BL2

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
nah, not on Epic store, either. It has specific offline mode within the game that you can activate.

...I'm also not familiar with any BL game that requires an account. ....though maybe I had to use a shift account on install for BL3? I honestly don't remember if that was required the one time, or if it is the same as before: just gives you access to keys. But there is more functionality, because I do think Shift now handles there co-op and all the other online/share features. So, there is that. If I did ever login under some account with a password for BL3, it was on the initial install.

I've never had to do that with the previous two games.
I have never been able to play BL3 on PC in offline mode. You have to launch it through the Epic games store, and that requires logging in. I even registered the game on Steam and tried to launch if from there so I could switch to offline mode, but it says something to the effect "please launch this game through the Epic games launcher."

Edit: I know there was originally a way to play offline on PC, but I never was able to make it work. I also think there was a patch a few months ago to basically eliminate "offline" mode on PC. Maybe I am missing something, I dont know.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
@ondma

When Borderlands 3 launched on Epic, the version of Denuvo in use required 2 MB/s upstream just so the DRM could verify that you're running a legal copy of the game. I'm assuming the Steam version has the same problem.