Borderlands 2 Limited Edition Loot Chest...

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Oh man I have REALLY blown it...

My son's birthday is this month and wanted to order this for him...

Seems it is sold out at Gamestop, Amazon, and Bestbuy...

Does anyone know of ANYWHERE else you can get it?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
If you keep an eye out more might pop up for preorder and if not, on release date I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy received some extra for sale in store (they seem to get extra of every CE I've seen for sale in their stores).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Randy Pitchford said it was sold out and actually limited by the manufacturer's ability to churn out the things. If anyone cancels their pre-orders at places like Amazon, it may pop back into availability, but saying the window will be narrow is an understatement!

If that's true, unless Best Buy undersold their allotment, chances are they won't be getting extra.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Randy Pitchford said it was sold out and actually limited by the manufacturer's ability to churn out the things. If anyone cancels their pre-orders at places like Amazon, it may pop back into availability, but saying the window will be narrow is an understatement!

If that's true, unless Best Buy undersold their allotment, chances are they won't be getting extra.

Heavy sign...

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006

can you be my father too?? :)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Which system do you need? I'll keep an eye out for an extra in my usual store visits.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
It's not out until September, just tell him you preordered it. It won't hurt so much when it's not his birthday when he finds out.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004

Don't worry, 99% of those will be on eBay unopened.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Prior to the announcement of their 48 hour sell-out, I would probably have disagreed. I was actually really surprised to see how many people really clamored about trying to buy one... mostly because I expected people to balk at the $150 price tag. Although, I suspect even Borderlands fans may be willing to "suffer" with the Vault Hunter edition to try and make a modest profit on the Loot Chest edition.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
It's not out until September, just tell him you preordered it. It won't hurt so much when it's not his birthday when he finds out.

Hmmm... you're right. I assumed it was out this month since the OP was hoping to have it by now. So, now I have to ask what the OP meant?

Is your kid's b-day really in July OP? If so, well stores don't have them yet.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Hmm i did not know it would be too rare. I have a PC and 360 one reserved because i did not know which platform i wanted it for.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
These kinds of "special edition" releases royally piss me off as a collector.

Ever seen how much space just 1000+ plain DVD size cases take? That's bad enough, especially if you do it for multiple systems.

Now add in awkward junk like this for every major game. Where on Earth do people *keep* this junk?

Worst thing I have to deal with for SNES was Mario Paint and Earthbound boxes are larger than normal. I don't have to worry about helmets, treasure chests, and scale model rocket ships for every game.

Yeah awesome gift idea for a kid or someone who really loves this one game. But do actual "collectors" even care about this junk? At the rate "limited edition" swag is increasing, BL3 Limited Edition will ship in a life size 1:1 scale Lancer.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

Ever seen how much space just 1000+ plain DVD size cases take? That's bad enough, especially if you do it for multiple systems.

Now add in awkward junk like this for every major game. Where on Earth do people *keep* this junk?

Worst thing I have to deal with for SNES was Mario Paint and Earthbound boxes are larger than normal. I don't have to worry about helmets, treasure chests, and scale model rocket ships for every game.

Yeah awesome gift idea for a kid or someone who really loves this one game. But do actual "collectors" even care about this junk? At the rate "limited edition" swag is increasing, BL3 Limited Edition will ship in a life size 1:1 scale Lancer.

*salutes*
Major Buzzkill

People like different things. You can still get your boring piddly little box that looks just like all your other boring piddly little boxes.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
when i get mine, i'll sell it to you...

for one million dollars
dr-evil.jpg

as others have said, might check ebay after the game releases, but i bet you wont get it cheap. :(

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Hmmm... you're right. I assumed it was out this month since the OP was hoping to have it by now. So, now I have to ask what the OP meant?

Is your kid's b-day really in July OP? If so, well stores don't have them yet.

On his birthday I just wanted to be able to tell him that I got it for him, I had no idea it was sold out...:(

Whirlwind

Nov 4, 2006

I am a coolector, but dont purchase this stuff for every game...it has to be one of my favorite games..

I did not buy this, but I do think it is one of the better collectors edition's and I love Borderlands.

I would love to have a loot box sitting on my desk :D