Borderland Multiplayer - Still alive and worth it ?

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

I just dont know if i should buy it for the multiplayer Only ..
Is there people playing it anymore online?

Thanks

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I am sure you can get people to play with you. It is far more like Diablo multiplayer than a FPS multiplayer game though. I wouldn't mind playing a game with you if you can't find some people to.play.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Yes there are still people playing. Its hit and miss though. Some days are good, some are bad. I play online all the time.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
I just finished that game a month or so ago and never played online. It seemed like it would be really fun, but I was rushing to finish it, like I seem to do now that I have more games than time.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Just be careful of the mods people run when you join them. Host the game if you want to be sure.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I've heard the game is a helluva lot of fun in co-op (I personally have put 150+ hours in single player, but zero in co-op) but cheating/hacking is pretty rampant in random online games. Ideally you'd play with some trusted friends, or maybe with people through this website. Otherwise, you're probably gonna end up with some hacked items that trump anything you could ever find in-game, and thus one of the most fun aspects of the game, which is the slow ramp up of power, with the occasional exciting boost by finding a truly unique/powerful upgrade, will be lost.

It's a GREAT game, but if you're getting it solely for online co-op, be wary of who you play with.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
I think Borderlands multiplayer was always just something to play along with friends.

if you play with randoms, expect hacked items that trivialize the point of the game

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Yea, I'd recommend playing with friends. But even then it's really easy to overlevel the game; few months ago I played with three friends and about 1/2 way through the game stuff was dying ridiculously fast, kind of wish it scaled a bit better.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Well,

Thank you guys, but i will skip it...
Im a multiplayer person ... i hate single player , and will never play any singleplayer game ever ...
and sadly no one of my friends play games :(

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Well,

Im a multiplayer person ... i hate single player , and will never play any singleplayer game ever ...

You are missing out, the game is great and well worth the single player run through. Tons to do with all the DLC to.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
You are missing out, the game is great and well worth the single player run through. Tons to do with all the DLC to.

I agree completely. Not to mention he could always solicit for people to play with here on this forum, etc.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Well,

Bah. Your loss then. It's like 7.49 for the GOTY at amazon right now, and its also on sale on steam fairly often. At that price its a steal, considering what you get for it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I have over 200 or so hours, mostly single player in that game. I've played a few hours in co-op, and it is a blast.

As others have said, though, be wary of mods and candy from strangers.

If you like RPG level elements and loot loot loot loot, then you will probably love it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well,

:hmm:

sounds like you need to re-prioritize your gaming habits.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
If any of you would like to play, I wouldn't mind playing a little co-op. I havent played in a while though and never finished my first playthrough.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
:hmm:

sounds like you need to re-prioritize your gaming habits.

I know, but i have grown with multiplayer only for more than 10 years...
Attended many lan parties and contests playing Quake, CS, Team fortress classic, BF2 and many more old games...

Call me an old guy, but this is what i consider a challenge and gaming.... i just feel lonely playing singleplayer games.. :O

Aug 11, 2008
I know, but i have grown with multiplayer only for more than 10 years...
Attended many lan parties and contests playing Quake, CS, Team fortress classic, BF2 and many more old games...

Call me an old guy, but this is what i consider a challenge and gaming.... i just feel lonely playing singleplayer games.. :O

Each to his own I guess. I play mostly single player games to get away from the people and frustrations I have to deal with daily. I played a lot of COD4 multiplayer because I found a nice server that didnt tolerate profanity or name calling, and am finding Diablo 3 multiplayer fun. Otherwise, single player for me. BTW, I am an old guy too, so I guess it is just what you became accustomed to.

On topic, I played Borderlands single player and a bit of co-op with a friend, and it was a really fun game. I never played it online with strangers though, so I cant comment on the hacking, etc.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
I might buy it again for PC from Amazon for that price.

I played it mostly on Xbox.

I am still torn on which to play it on for BL2.