Border States / Counties & Major Border State Cities are SAFE!!! including Phx, AZ

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
I'm sorry, but that is just asinine, even from you.

If you want to compare crime rates in "border cities" don't include cities that are several hundred miles from the actual US-Mexico border.
If we used your logic the border of Mexico would stretch to Newfoundland and the Yukon.

well according to calderon, that would be his thinking. anywhere there is a mexican, is mexico. :eek:

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
So this 6 month time frame we're tracking indicates a decline in crime.

6 months.

And I wonder what has caused this decline? I wonder if it's the minor exodus of illegal aliens due to the sweeps by Sheriff Joe, bad economy, and recent legislation? And I wonder what the % is of the crime that was committed was the result of illegal aliens? Such an interesting stat to wonder about...

i have noticed on the local news channels (all of them) they are getting real PC about not using the term illegal, usually not until after somebody has been sent to jail for rape or murder after they have been deported 5+ x...

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
+1.

Wouldn't it follow then that if a Mexican breaks into your house, Mexico broke into your house?

So you could file charges against the entire country of Mexico? That would be cool, I'm not sure how our already over crowded prison system would feel about it though.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I'm sorry, but that is just asinine, even from you.

If you want to compare crime rates in "border cities" don't include cities that are several hundred miles from the actual US-Mexico border.
If we used your logic the border of Mexico would stretch to Newfoundland and the Yukon.

His point

Your head

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
So you could file charges against the entire country of Mexico? That would be cool, I'm not sure how our already over crowded prison system would feel about it though.

just quoting the pres of Mexico...don't really think he cares how his people feel, much like ours

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
So this 6 month time frame we're tracking indicates a decline in crime.
6 months.
And I wonder what has caused this decline? I wonder if it's the minor exodus of illegal aliens due to the sweeps by Sheriff Joe, bad economy, and recent legislation? And I wonder what the % is of the crime that was committed was the result of illegal aliens? Such an interesting stat to wonder about...
The incidence of violent crimes such as murder, rape and aggravated assault was down 5.5% from 2008...
Check your math.

FWIW, I posted the WSJ link because earlier posters questioned the source of the info in the AP story cited in the OP. I won't speculate on the significance of the trend or its possible causes, just trying to help clarify the stats.