Border Patrol Snipers Were Authorized to Use Deadly Force at George Floyd’s Burial

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I know someone, who served as a sniper in the military, that was called up from reserves during the “riots” in Dallas. They were given loaded weapons and the authorization to use them on US citizens.

This administration was extremely close to using military force on US civilians. Far closer than publicly reported.

it was after this when Trumps Brownshirts started popping up in cities because military leaders and campagin officials finally convinced Trump not to use the military. This is when Wolfy took over the ops against US citizens.

It all needs to be investigated by the next administration. Those involved need to be in jail.

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

HOLE LEE FUCK!! if true that is truly screwed up
Trump probably learned this style of riot control from his buddy (and supreme War Criminal *fuck you if you think otherwise*) Nut-an-yahoo who had Israeli snipers shooting unarmed medics dead.

______

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The story isn't all that outrageous if you read the cited sections of the Texas penal code. Bottom line is that there are conditions under which an officer is allowed to use deadly force. The cited sections of the penal code describes them. This is the same code the police operate under every day.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Just so I under this.

large group of black people show up for a funeral, send out the feds with permission, shoot to kill.

White militias show up armed at state capitals threatening the Governor, crickets.

Why am I not shocked in America, especially Trump's America

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The story isn't all that outrageous if you read the cited sections of the Texas penal code. Bottom line is that there are conditions under which an officer is allowed to use deadly force. The cited sections of the penal code describes them. This is the same code the police operate under every day.
Curious did you actually read the cited sections of the Texas penal code?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Federal agents operate under the state level penal code? As dictated by the federal government?

Federal agents are authorized to kill US citizens without trial?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Hey everyone, it's the law so it's Ok! They were just following orders! Nothing to see here!

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Hey everyone, it's the law so it's Ok! They were just following orders! Nothing to see here!

The Nuremberg Trials taught us that "just following orders" isn't a legit excuse. Too bad there are quite a few "people" in this country that still think it's a legit excuse.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Federal agents operate under the state level penal code? As dictated by the federal government?

Federal agents are authorized to kill US citizens without trial?
Yea, but there's a code. So it's all under control?????????

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You do understand that police sometimes do have to use deadly force? And that there are rules about when they can and can't use it? The folks that make those rules write them down, and publish them so anyone can figure out what they are. Those rules don't change day to day. There isn't different ROE for each situation.

If you disagree with those rules you should work toward changing them. The one thing I'm absolutely certain won't effect the situation is squawking at me about them.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You do understand that police sometimes do have to use deadly force? And that there are rules about when they can and can't use it? The folks that make those rules write them down, and publish them so anyone can figure out what they are. Those rules don't change day to day. There isn't different ROE for each situation.

From the article:
"That aggressive approach stands in stark contrast to the de-escalation tactics adopted by many police departments in the wake of Floyd’s killing, including bans on the use of tear gas, pepper spray, and rubber bullets during protests."

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Oh Texas explains a lot;
only two things come from Texas....

____

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
From the article:
"That aggressive approach stands in stark contrast to the de-escalation tactics adopted by many police departments in the wake of Floyd’s killing, including bans on the use of tear gas, pepper spray, and rubber bullets during protests."
Not sure what your point is. To be clear, the rules under which an officer can use deadly force don't change day to day. The chief can't gather the force together in the morning and tell them it's ok to open fire on a crowd. There is no "authorization" of deadly force in police work. A situation meets the criteria or doesn't.

They may well have used an "aggressive" approach, but I don't recall hearing about police shootings at the event. Was anyone gunned down by the police? Did the snipers take out any mourners?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not sure what your point is. To be clear, the rules under which an officer can use deadly force don't change day to day. The chief can't gather the force together in the morning and tell them it's ok to open fire on a crowd. There is no "authorization" of deadly force in police work. A situation meets the criteria or doesn't.

They may well have used an "aggressive" approach, but I don't recall hearing about police shootings at the event. Was anyone gunned down by the police? Did the snipers take out any mourners?

I am showing that, while the authorization for use of various kinds of force varies, police departments very clearly have choice in how they apply them and instruct their officers to apply them. Since this discussion is about the application of the law and not the law itself, I thought it might help to demonstrate to you that, indeed, Texas was not doing the same thing everyone else was.

And fuck yeah this is worth talking about. That the conditions laid out did not occur does not make the instructions irrelevant.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I am showing that, while the authorization for use of various kinds of force varies, police departments very clearly have choice in how they apply them and instruct their officers to apply them. Since this discussion is about the application of the law and not the law itself, I thought it might help to demonstrate to you that, indeed, Texas was not doing the same thing everyone else was.

And fuck yeah this is worth talking about. That the conditions laid out did not occur does not make the instructions irrelevant.
And my entire point is that rules for the use of deadly force don't change. The thread title is a fabrication designed to garner outrage. Police can not be authorized to kill.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018

I think you are missing the point that the police were sent to a funeral in the first place.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
And my entire point is that rules for the use of deadly force don't change. The thread title is a fabrication designed to garner outrage. Police can not be authorized to kill.

They may or may not be instructed explicitly on how to apply that authority ahead of a possible scenario. Such an instruction is within the normal usage of the word "authorize". And such instructions may differ.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

So close to understanding the problem. So, so close.....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you disagree with those rules you should work toward changing them. The one thing I'm absolutely certain won't effect the situation is squawking at me about them.

so when people do do that by peacefully protesting at football games, in the streets, why do you squawk at them for doing it?