Boot problem - no beeps or video - cpu or mb?

Ring

Oct 11, 1999
Usually can count on some good ideas here, so here goes:

Recently purchased a ECS K7S5A & 950 Duron combo. Tested it for 4 days -- no problems.
Decided to switch the Duron into my Iwill KK266 which had been running great for almost a year with a 1 Gig T-bird. ECS and T-Bird work fine but I have no video output with the Duron and Iwill KK266.

So far have reseated the video card 4x's, the cpu 3x's and the mb in case 2x's. System powers on ok including cpu fan, mb lights and hd is powered but no video output or beeps. Tried 2 video cards .. .Geforce2 GTS and TNT Ultra.

What next?? Thanks.

kulki

Jul 18, 2001
bump^
I have no idea what to suggest though u have my sympathies. U seem to have already tried what I had in mind smost of them multiple times

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Try resetting your bios via the motherboard jumpers with the power cord unplugged from your psu.

PelchMat

Feb 12, 2002
try removing the memory and boot without, there should be some beeps

if there is, your memory is the problem

i had the same problem two weeks ago, on a D6VAA dual p3 800, i was using old dimms, and the board only supports pc100/pc133

Ring

Oct 11, 1999
RustyNale,
Tried your suggestions .. no luck, but thanks.

Wind,
Not sure what you mean.

PelchMat,
Same memory was working fine with the T-bird that was in previous. I didn't pull it. Guess I could reseat it to be safe though. Thanks.

kulki,
Sympathy is always appreciated in these trying times. Thanks.

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000
I justed got a problem similiar to yours. Everything powers up, but no beeps and no video on the monitor. I found out ( after being very frustrated for one day ) that a metal clip from the case retention was touching on the ps 2 port. I removed all the retention metal clip from the case and it boot up now. Make sure no metal part touch your motherboard, it came short out your motherboard.