• Maybe....will decide base on conditions

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No...Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So.... how are they planning on paying out that $100 for getting the shot?

If the ID check is pretty lax, you might have some folks bragging on Reddit a month from now that they just bought themselves an XBox by getting the shot six times :)

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Maybe but I'll wait for now. The science told me when I got the Pfizer vax I would be good for at least a year and that seems to be holding true even with all the variants popping up around the world. Besides I'm a healthy 40 yo male with no trigger conditions to what do I really have to fear?

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Some countries are starting to give 3rd shot, I would take it when called for(pretty sure it will be soon) but I prefer to let other less fortunate countries ramp up 1st shot.

If I got Pfizer 3rd then I had Az -> M -> Pf lol

Feb 4, 2009
Gonna be interesting if a different “booster” is recommended as in get Pfizer-BioNTech if you had Moderna/J&J or whatever combo doesn’t match.

Dec 10, 2005
Like everyone should, I'm going to wait until there are confirmatory trials on the efficacy of booster shots (and also including information on prior vaccinations). Let's not let blind speculation lead public health policy, especially when we know the current dosages provide some protection, and so many have yet to take the first (or only) dose of the vaccine.

Reactions: Spacehead

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'm extremely tempted to make it a biannual matter as the cusp of the new year approaches and I've said as such long before the most recent news came about.

Long story short: Long COVID is way too prolonged and consistent (two times in two years) for me and thus I'm willing to go off the deep end to avoid it again. All despite having an extremely small social circle and only going to the store as the usual out-of-house experience I have.

I'm not in a rush right now because I did just get it 6 months ago.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Hard enough to get people to even get 1 shot. More local quasi-famous people ding from it so hopefully that will persuade them to do it.

But second they offer it I will get it. My little one just meet the minimum age which made me happy. He has both shots now as well.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat
Mar 11, 2004
i bought one off of facebook marketplace

When you went to get it, was it given via a hole cut in a sheet?

Perhaps a van promising "hot beef injections"? Maybe related to this is some way?

Nov 8, 2012
Some countries are starting to give 3rd shot, I would take it when called for(pretty sure it will be soon) but I prefer to let other less fortunate countries ramp up 1st shot.

If I got Pfizer 3rd then I had Az -> M -> Pf lol

Most people haven't had both of their shots for even 4 months, wtf are we turning into a quarterly booster?

Seems like were talking a step past the science lately and into insanity.

Feb 4, 2009
Most people haven't had both of their shots for even 4 months, wtf are we turning into a quarterly booster?

how about we wait for what or if the booster recommendations are before we have a shit fit.

Nov 8, 2012
how about we wait for what or if the booster recommendations are before we have a shit fit.

That's... pretty much exactly what I'm saying....Let's patiently wait on the science....

(And preferably, the source isn't from, employed by, endorsed by, etc... from the very pharma companies that would monetarily benefit from such "data")

Reactions: BudAshes

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
The absolute madness that is San Francisco - allowing JNJ folks to get a booster - Moderna or Pfizer.

Has this been studied? Treating the population like guinea pigs I tell ya!

Reactions: BudAshes

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Immunosuppressed here. Even the flu shot is basically a requirement. But not a fan of going in again so soon. Also work from home. Maybe next year.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

The vaccine efficacy is supposed to be 90%+...which sounds high to me. Then they say that decreases after 6 months to 80+%. They talk about breakthrough cases and of course Moderns and Pfizer are promoting a booster for profits.

That's great, but the doses would be better spent on people without any dose...like children under 12 (which would be half doses....meaning it would go twice as far). The breakthrough cases still hit those with weak immune systems or people end up with only mild symptoms. Until they tweak the vaccines to work better, I think they should keep pushing to get the vaccination rates up where they need it.