Booker Joins Harris on the Biden Train!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Such mixed feelings. Ideally it'd be someone like Warren at the front, but if Biden can bring in support from more states and demographics, I'll be happy.

The most important thing in the November election is to depose the Trump regime and restore functional democracy; absolutely everything else is secondary to that.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Mixed feelings as well. He will be destroyed come the debates. It'll be about whoever can come up with insults using the best words. Hopefully the Hillary 2.0 sentiment turns out to be false.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Mixed feelings as well. He will be destroyed come the debates. It'll be about whoever can come up with insults using the best words. Hopefully the Hillary 2.0 sentiment turns out to be false.
I don't think the debates matter as it doesn't appear that there are many swing voters. Joe was brought in to get the moderates votes, and I think he'll do that even though he's clearly in decline. There simply doesn't appear to be many folks on the fence other than a few republicans that like some of his policies but want to gouge their eyes out every time Trump tweets something stupid (every day).

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Biden is mentally compromised, but not evil like Trump, so I'll support him with my vote.

Oh well, there goes hope for adequate global warming reform if it ever existed, but "we got ours" so it's more our descendants that will suffer.

Good job all.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He's still competent. There may be "some" decline in there. But...I don't think Biden is "mentally compromised" or has full blown dementia. I think Biden is losing his hearing, which is pretty common in people over 70. Aged hearing makes it difficult to pick out a single voice in a crowd, which could explain his sometimes getting lost in those debate free for alls.

If you want to see if Joe is sharp, watch him in a one on one interview. See how he deals with one speaker and one question.

Frankly, the Biden/dementia rumors are suddenly popping up all over the Internet in precisely the same places and ways as the "Hillary is dying!" rumors were in late summer of 2016 - the patterns are identical. And 3+ years later, Hillary is still alive. GOPers weaponizing this attack is bullshit given Trump can't complete a sentence or even read off the teleprompter without slurring his words.

Even if Biden does have dementia, we can have a shadow government run by his wife and the vice President - as what happened with Woodrow Wilson. I am surprisingly OK with that considering that Jill Biden is smart and competent.

But, of course, I'd vote for post-stroke Woodrow Wilson before I'd vote for Trump.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
He's still competent. There may be "some" decline in there. But...I don't think Biden is "mentally compromised" or has full blown dementia. I think Biden is losing his hearing, which is pretty common in people over 70. Aged hearing makes it difficult to pick out a single voice in a crowd, which could explain his sometimes getting lost in those debate free for alls.

If you want to see if Joe is sharp, watch him in a one on one interview. See how he deals with one speaker and one question.

Frankly, the Biden/dementia rumors are suddenly popping up all over the Internet in precisely the same places and ways as the "Hillary is dying!" rumors were in late summer of 2016 - the patterns are identical. And 3+ years later, Hillary is still alive. GOPers weaponizing this attack is bullshit given Trump can't complete a sentence or even read off the teleprompter without slurring his words.

Even if Biden does have dementia, we can have a shadow government run by his wife and the vice President - as what happened with Woodrow Wilson. I am surprisingly OK with that considering that Jill Biden is smart and competent.

But, of course, I'd vote for post-stroke Woodrow Wilson before I'd vote for Trump.

So explain how Sanders is responsible for the 105 million deaths of Americans? I have no confidence in Biden at all except to not be as bad as Trump. The thing I'm most interested in is who will be VP, almost certainly a corporation favoring mainstream choice with lots of lip service.

That's OK, this is the America we deserve. Hopefully, my son at least will be an ex-pat to a more free country.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So explain how Sanders is responsible for the 105 million deaths of Americans?

Wut?!

I have no confidence in Biden at all except to not be as bad as Trump. The thing I'm most interested in is who will be VP, almost certainly a corporation favoring mainstream choice with lots of lip service.

That's OK, this is the America we deserve. Hopefully, my son at least will be an ex-pat to a more free country.

If Trump is deposed, no one in my circle is expecting any “accomplishments,” whether the new president is Biden, or a potted plant. We recognize it might take years to get back to a baseline of decency and normalcy. Many voters are simply seeking a return to normalcy at this point. A rebuilding of American norms, a guy who doesn't spend his day hate-Tweeting, some restoration of squandered alliances. People who believe in science leading science-based departments and someone who doesn't actively hate public education leading the Dept of Education.

Certain things can be accomplished.

Hiring competent people to run agencies. Re-entry into the world's climate change programs. Reversal of various executive orders.The rest depends on getting things through the Senate. If the Senate remains in Republican hands, I expect even less of this. I would not be at all surprised to see Mitch McConnell simply refuse to consider a Supreme Court nominee. Getting rid of Mitch McConnell is at least as important as getting rid of Donald Trump

Keep in mind that Trump himself is ineffective and doesn't really do anything as a president. It's his ass-lickers who are doing the damage. Trump just makes the context for corruption possible. His only real effectiveness is in enriching himself and his family by way of power.

Without that context, ideally much of the damage could be corrected, with Biden, or anyone else

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

They are not "rumours", are you living in a cave?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is like watching a train wreck.

I know Canadian politics aren't great, but consider that a virus is about to derail American society for a few months and no one is taking seriously the need for national health care. That's how fucking insane politics here are. This is truly a dying nation, and death is not far off.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

I take it you missed that one. Biden claimed that by not supporting a bill that would allow people to sue gun companies effectively out of business, Sanders was responsible at least in part for the deaths of 105 MILLION people.

I'm thinking that's diminished capacity right there, not a gaffe.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Keep in mind that Trump himself is ineffective and doesn't really do anything as a president.

Forgot to address that. Hitler, Stalin, Mao were ineffective and really didn't do anything. What they did was use their power to bend the government to their will.

In reality Presidents don't need to do anything but point and say "deal with this problem" to the people he hires. This applies to every President for the remainder of the lifetime of this nation. All we have is faith that this won't happen again.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Booker endorses Biden! I'm feeling more hopeful than I have in quite some time. Look, folks, I am under no particular illusions that Joe is our perfect candidate. But he is our best hope.

Given Joe's age, I think there are a number of Democrats who would do a better "job". But they're not currently in the running.

Don't believe I've seen much of his wife, but I am okay with that outcome.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Such mixed feelings. Ideally it'd be someone like Warren at the front, but if Biden can bring in support from more states and demographics, I'll be happy.

The most important thing in the November election is to depose the Trump regime and restore functional democracy; absolutely everything else is secondary to that.

Sums it up perfectly, well said. Warren hanging it up, to me that hurt like watching the Supreme Court lose it's credibility with Boof Kavanaugh sliding onto the bench. Both were chances to salvage the integrity of institutions. I'm still voting for whomever wins Dem nomination, but I'd like to see winner extend VP nod to Warren (despite the past in both cases) or someone like Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams. Leave it all in the past you guys. Work together and beat this unhinged traitor.

Reactions: Perknose

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
you should listen to

Michael Moore's Rumble podcast specifically the above episode at about 15 minutes and 30 seconds into the episode or this Biden Train song the OP spoke of will be sung way off key... unless we're lucky enough to get a significant stock market crash before November as that will hurt Trump much more than today's (as opposed to the Biden of 2008 and 2012 and even 2016)..

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
So explain how Sanders is responsible for the 105 million deaths of Americans?

Biden made the claim that Bernie's votes on gun legislation contributed to the deaths of 150 million Americans since 2007 in the below article from Snopes....

Biden did indeed make the comment. Below is a transcript of the remark, which can also be heard in the video that follows:

In addition to that, I passed the Brady Bill with waiting periods. I led that fight. But my friend to my right and others have in fact also given to the gun manufacturers absolute immunity. Imagine if I stood here and said we’d give immunity to drug companies. We would give immunity to tobacco companies. That has caused carnage on our streets. 150 million people have been killed since 2007 when Bernie voted to exempt the gun manufacturers from liability. More than all the wars, including Vietnam, from that point on.

Yes like it or not Biden has lost his mind in quite a spectacular fashion that if it was only in a movie it would be entertaining but since it's real life and he's the current Democratic front runner it's not funny at all.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I take it you missed that one. Biden claimed that by not supporting a bill that would allow people to sue gun companies effectively out of business, Sanders was responsible at least in part for the deaths of 105 MILLION people.

I'm thinking that's diminished capacity right there, not a gaffe.
A Snopes article on the subject provides a link to the portion of a video recording of the last debate in which Biden made that HOLY WTF claim... and you're right that is not just someone who has a stuttering issue that is someone with noticeable cognitive decline in their mental faculties and some in here are so triggered by Trump (who is in fact the worst president in the past 100 years... possibly ever in the history of the USA).

Granted Trump is completely horrible but pinning your hopes on Biden isn't a solution at all I'd quote a Biden shill on those feels but nah... why bother?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
A Snopes article on the subject provides a link to the portion of a video recording of the last debate in which Biden made that HOLY WTF claim... and you're right that is not just someone who has a stuttering issue that is someone with noticeable cognitive decline in their mental faculties and some in here are so triggered by Trump (who is in fact the worst president in the past 100 years... possibly ever in the history of the USA).

Granted Trump is completely horrible but pinning your hopes on Biden isn't a solution at all I'd quote a Biden shill on those feels but nah... why bother?

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
So we can agree that nobody is pinning there hopes on Trump.....
If Sanders doesn't get the nomination, Trump has a better track-record than Biden. Obama was the far-left changist, Biden is the far-right neocon/neoliberal. Obama wanted more vast medicare/social security. Biden wanted it gone, all gone only free market capitalism with no protections is the way.

Trump just wants to rename Obama/Sanders things. It is the safer option for Trump to continue to be in office. Than, hardcore steal from the people give to the establishment Biden.

If writing in Sanders, and it elects Trump. Good, my vote counted.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If Sanders doesn't get the nomination, Trump has a better track-record than Biden. Obama was the far-left changist, Biden is the far-right neocon/neoliberal. Obama wanted more vast medicare/social security. Biden wanted it gone, all gone only free market capitalism with no protections is the way.

Trump just wants to rename Obama/Sanders things. It is the safer option for Trump to continue to be in office. Than, hardcore steal from the people give to the establishment Biden.
You are crazy! There is nothing that could possibly justify re-electing Trump!! Nothing bis safe giving Trump 4 more years!

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
You are crazy! There is nothing that could possibly justify re-electing Trump!! Nothing bis safe giving Trump 4 more years!
Trump is safer than a cogent Biden. Trump is also more cogent than a mental deficient Biden. It is easier to live with the least worst option, than the most worst option.

Anyone thinking that Biden stands with Obama or Hillary needs to go look at his record. He will tarnish it all and burn the democratic party to the ground if he is nominated. If he is elected then Mitch McConnell(and anyone in this circle) will love him more than Trump. More money for them, less money for the people.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
rumor has it that Harris is at the top of his short list and I would support her as VP.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Trump is safer than a cogent Biden. Trump is also more cogent than a mental deficient Biden. It is easier to live with the least worst option, than the most worst option.

Anyone thinking that Biden stands with Obama or Hillary needs to go look at his record. He will tarnish it all and burn the democratic party to the ground if he is nominated. If he is elected then Mitch McConnell(and anyone in this circle) will love him more than Trump. More money for them, less money for the people.
if anything the last 4 years has proven is that trump is in over his head and this virus outbreak has proven that he is the worst option of anyone running this time around.and if he gets elected again (if he survives the virus) you can kiss our democracy goodbye.

all trump cares about is protecting trump.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You cannot be serious? Trump has screwed everyone who digrees with him! Trump has hurt more people than he has helped!
Trump has enabled those who are white supremacist to feel they can do as they please!
There is NOT room to list why you are totally wrong, unless you are a Trumpster and see everything that he does as being good for the country! In which case-- carry on comrade!