Boneworks - Physics Based VR Action/Adventure Game

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
(I was thinking about just posting this in the VR thread but figured it kind of deserves its own thread)

I follow the Node YouTube channel and on there earlier this year (or last maybe, dunno) it was announced that one of the guys is working on a game called Boneworks, which will be "a narrative VR action adventure using advanced experimental physics mechanics. Dynamically navigate through environments, engage in physics heavy combat, and creatively approach puzzles with physics." From what I remember Brandon (one of the creators I believe) saying about it, the story is that you're in a virtual OS and things go wrong and you need to get out. Something like that anyway.

It really looks like they did a lot of work on how physics are represented in VR: objects have realistic weight and behave like they do; you can hold weapons how you would in real life and the weapon performs realistically; etc. I think if the game gets enough exposure it could push how physics and realism are represented in VR forward.

Here's a video from the Node channel with some example alpha/beta/early game play:

It comes out December 10th, looking forward to it!

Reactions: IronWing

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
rofl, I installed TeamViewer on my phone and PC so I can remote login to mah rig and start the game download so it'll be ready when I can play tonight. I don't know how big the download will be so I figured I'd just start it remotely so it would be done for sure.

I think the game releases at 10 am PST if I'm remembering right.

One guy on Twitter said that the Steam app allowed you to remote download games to your system, but I downloaded the app on my phone and I couldn't see where you could do that. So I just went the remote desktop route and that'll work.