bones cracking too much

Mark

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
for some reason i dont know why but bones in my body are cracking alot more than they used to. when i get up out of my chair, my back bone cracks almost everytime. it doesnt hurt, but it cracks. this is how alot of my bones are now, is this a good thing otr a bad thing?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hopefully you mean "creak" instead of crack...cracked bones = broken bones.

And hopefully you mean "joints" instead of bones...bones that make sound = broken bones.

So if you mean creaking joints (pops and snaps from the knees, ankles, wrists, etc) then yeah its normal as you get older and older.

It can also be the harbinger of arthritus, so if it is worrisome, painful, seemingly getting worse faster and faster then have a doctor check you out.

Have a doctor check you out too if your bones are cracking, even slightly.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
which part of your back bone? near your waist or your shoulders or somewhere in between?

doesnt sound like this happens when u get up in the morning out of bed, so ill venture a guess that you slouch when you are sitting in your chair. maybe if you correct your posture, it will go away?

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
My ankles do this every morning when I get up.
Not sure why, but they feel "tight" and when I rotate them they pop and then feel kind of loose.
So hope its not a bad thing.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Sounds like you need to get out more and exercise. Or simply get the body used to some physical activity.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
My ankles and wrists do this a BUNCH. I'm 15 and very active so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Hopefully you mean "creak" instead of crack...cracked bones = broken bones.

And hopefully you mean "joints" instead of bones...bones that make sound = broken bones.

So if you mean creaking joints (pops and snaps from the knees, ankles, wrists, etc) then yeah its normal as you get older and older.

It can also be the harbinger of arthritus, so if it is worrisome, painful, seemingly getting worse faster and faster then have a doctor check you out.

Have a doctor check you out too if your bones are cracking, even slightly.
Is there a legitimate causation between joint cracking and arthritis risk? I thought that was right up there with, "Don't make that face or it'll stay that way."
My theory is that they are related, but not as a cause-effect relationship. I think that people whose joints are more often exposed to constant use and strain are more likely to crack those joints as a means of relieving the feeling of tension, but it is in fact this constant use and strain which is the real contributor to arthritis risk.