Bonds made a guy in my company famous

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
A guy that works for my company caught #715. He's famous and all over the place.. lol. Took the day off to be on all kinds of TV shows today.

Cheers to him.

Link to Press Conference - 2nd one on the right for now.

http://cbs5.com/sports

**Update**

Guy in my company is now $200k richer.. like he needed it.. <sigh>

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
A lot of people are hating on him and saying he's whipped cause he caught the ball while buying peanuts for his new wife.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: tfinch2
A lot of people are hating on him and saying he's whipped cause he caught the ball while buying peanuts for his new wife.

so he got that ball for peanuts! /stupid

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005

Buying something for your wife is being whipped? :confused:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

if he wasn't getting peanuts he wouldn't have caught the ball. isn't the ball estimaed to be worth $500,000? thought i heard that on the radio. i'd say its worth it to be whipped for that.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Tu13erhead

A lot of people are jealous they weren't in line buying peanuts for their wives.

:p

:(

Dragoon42

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2000
i saw him in an interview. He went to get some beer and peanuts, lol. Apparently he spoke w/barry bonds and bonds said "congratulations" to him @.@

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex

if he wasn't getting peanuts he wouldn't have caught the ball. isn't the ball estimaed to be worth $500,000? thought i heard that on the radio. i'd say its worth it to be whipped for that.

Damn straight.

Here's what I would have done:
  • 1) Get Bonds to sign it ASAP and videotape/photograph the signing.
  • 2) Register a short easy to remember .com domain.
  • 3) Quickly get t-shirt and baseball cap printed with said domain.
  • 4) List the ball on eBay.
  • 5) Whore yourself out to the media with the domain (with Google ads of course) and has a direct link to the eBay auction.
  • 6) ... enjoy your 15 minutes of fame and PROFIT like a mofo.

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Damn straight.

• 5) Whore yourself out to the media with the domain (with Google ads of course) and has a direct link to the eBay auction.

Bonds refused to sign it.

JDrake

Banned
Dec 27, 2005
Bonds refused THIS one, too?
Wow what a jackhole, I mean, this one was even at home

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: KillyKillall
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Damn straight.

Bonds refused to sign it.

Ok then replace it with:

1) Offer Bonds a cocktail of "vitamins and minerals" ;) ;) ;) administered in a horse sized syringe to change his mind.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
todd mcfarlane said he wouldnt pony up more than $70k for the ball. a lot of experts predict that itll net around $100k. the amount is as low as it is because of bonds tarnished reputation. but hopefully we'll soon find out what the price of it is.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
I agree that the ball should be worth squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy for the guy that caught it..........that's great!! Hopefully he *will* get some good $$$ for it, but as for Bonds.............he can go DIAF!

What that guy has done for baseball (& I won't single him out......it's all these steroid whores) is simply tarnish it. No more no less.

It has to be seen for what it is. And maybe that's the norm now?? I dunno!! I don't really care!

I just think that it's sad he didn't have balls enough to step down from the game after 714! Too bad!!

Again........Barry Bonds.............GDIAF!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KillyKillall
**Update**

Guy in my company is now $200k richer.. like he needed it.. <sigh>

So where do you work that 200k is not needed? :shocked: