Bond villain attempts takeover of German Covid-19 vaccine maker for exclusivity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Jeebus on bike, the most elementary things are beyond your grasp. The friggin Germans SHOULD have restrictions so the US and they aren't fucked over by Trump and US Big Pharma.

It's like arguing with Trump supporters in terms of inability to reason. You have no useful input, demonstrate no understanding of subject matter, but you pound the table and yell a lot about things that you won't or can't begin to consider.

I realize that credibility or respect for oneself is a cheap commodity, valueless for some, but at least try to fake it.

They'll license it out to whoever they want under terms they choose. If they're even successful. They more than the Trump admin are likely to do so in a non-political way.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
They'll license it out to whoever they want under terms they choose. If they're even successful. They more than the Trump admin are likely to do so in a non-political way.
No shit, that's what I was saying they should do and adding how they might protect their IP but allow access (potentially beneficial to both nations). Whether they do this or not it's simply a possibility to which you had a fit without thinking.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No shit, that's what I was saying they should do and adding how they might protect their IP but allow access (potentially beneficial to both nations). Whether they do this or not it's simply a possibility to which you had a fit without thinking.

Which isn't the way you put it at all back at #3.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Huh?!...I can understand willingness to source a vaccine from anywhere. Makes sense. But *exclusive* access? Quit ghoulish of him. How is he going to pull that off?. Of course, we elected a two bit mob boss.

"Lovely country you've got here, be a shame if anything were to...uh, happen to it. By the way, how many ventilators do you have?". "Why does Germany hate America?"

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
TrumpCure®, The Only Chinavirus Cure Invented by a President™
Guaranteed to work, unlike any of those Liberal vaccines that cause autism!

Only nine payments of $499.99, but free with any four-night stay in any of our Presidential Suites* at Mar-a-Lago.

*At Mar-a-Lago, every room is a Presidential Suite!™

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
TrumpCure®, The Only Chinavirus Cure Invented by a President™
Guaranteed to work, unlike any of those Liberal vaccines that cause autism!

Only nine payments of $499.99, but free with any four-night stay in any of our Presidential Suites* at Mar-a-Lago.

*At Mar-a-Lago, every room is a Presidential Suite!™

Will only be released if re-elected.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
I'm confused... if COVID19 is a hoax and everyone is overreacting, why is Trump taking such measures?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
What I’m still not clear on is... who’s money was he offering to pay for this?? I’m not very knowledgeable on how America can purchase private, foreign companies on the taxpayer dime without getting Congress involved.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What I’m still not clear on is... who’s money was he offering to pay for this?? I’m not very knowledgeable on how America can purchase private, foreign companies on the taxpayer dime without getting Congress involved.

That's what I was thinking, although I'm sure he has access to funding that has already been allocated under a state of emergency. That said, the government doesn't operate private businesses, particularly foreign businesses. Who knows? Maybe it's Trump being Trump. There is very little in the article to go on, but if he really is approaching a pandemic by trying to hoard treatment/vaccine access for America only, that's damn deplorable.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Trump could be a hero to planet earth if he injected some of his alleged billions into vaccine research and production.
There are two things preventing this:
1. He does not actually have billions of dollars.
2. He's an evil selfish piece of shit with no foresight.

Reactions: Pohemi and HomerJS

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I suspect if he tried that, the data/vaccine sample would be leaked and the World would ignore US claims of Ownership.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Isn't this pretty much the same thing as that guy who bought like 20,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and tried to sell it on e-bay for 1,000% profit? Same thing on a global scale.

If Trump wasn't born to a rich daddy he'd be a petty thief and con man, bilking old ladies out of their retirement.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Isn't this pretty much the same thing as that guy who bought like 20,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and tried to sell it on e-bay for 1,000% profit? Same thing on a global scale.

If Trump wasn't born to a rich daddy he'd be a petty thief and con man, bilking old ladies out of their retirement.

He is a Petty Thief and Conman.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wrong. Test Kits

TDS suffering phucktards believe anything they read. Are you going to blame Biden's dementia or is he an outright liar?
Interesting comment while pointing us to read something. I just asked the question.

Since you are so quick to defend Trump's mismanagement of fighting off this outbreak I'll ask you.

In whom do you trust giving advice on COVID-19, Trump or Dr. Fauci??

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Wrong. Test Kits

TDS suffering phucktards believe anything they read. Are you going to blame Biden's dementia or is he an outright liar?

LoL

I'm sure you're deeply concerned about mostly false statements which required reading.

Trump Defense Syndrome sufferers don't have a leg to stand on. Good job!

Seems the phucktards are people that believe anything a pathological liar and his sycophants tell them.

edit:

The party of alt-facts has sure showed America what they're all about.

It makes we wonder, when will GOP voters get tired of their own party dunking on them?