Bombing Bastards

Aug 29, 2015
Anyone ever played Bomberman? Well it is sort of back! This a clone but with a few differences. There are the same power ups as before and some new ones to keep it interesting. The maps are also a bit more involving than before too, they are more or less the same but with some additions, for example some maps have a lava geyser which shoots up lava every while and it will kill you if you step on it. Lava creeps can walk over it though so you have to be extra careful. There also some maps which have a strong gust of wind which can blow from any direction randomly, and it will push your character around.

So it is basically Bomberman Hardcore edition, with a different name. If I am brave I would actually say it is maybe a bit too hard. I first saw the game watching totalbiscuit and he said it was too hard which the developer responded to and defended his position which is fair enough. I think the complaint is that your little guy has to stand EXACTLY next to the blocks to not be hit by the fire, and there are only a few pixels to spare at the most, so you have to be excruciatingly accurate or you just die. In addition that, the creeps are hard, they have good AI, they are brutal and want you dead too... and they are harder than Bomberman too because some of them have tricks, like one of them can sometimes knock down walls, some of them occasionally shoot at you, one of them needs to be killed twice, etc.

So it is often a very difficult game and you will die many many times to complete the levels in single player. If you get frustrated at stuff like that you might want to skip this. If you like a serious challenge and are determined to beat it, then try this game! It also has a multiplayer option which I think is where a lot of people will have the most fun.

Very good game anyway, very nice graphics, good sound, well made, great gameplay and cheap!