Bolton lands multi-million dollar book deal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Bolton's revelation that corroborates with the abundance of existing hard proof of Trump's culpability is another needle that's supposed to pop the dream bubble the Repubs are living in but for the fact that Trump's supporters must live in that dream world of believing his lies while ignoring the truth about his malfeasance or admit they were backing a dangerously incompetent and compromised "man" (loosely defined) and that his guilt is above and beyond reproach.

I suppose there are a multitude of Trump's followers that have come to the undeniable conclusion that Trump is guilty of all charges yet refuse to deny him the support he clearly doesn't deserve. Prioritizing Party over Country really is the only logical reason for their refusal to live in the real world and remain in the one Trump conned them into residing in his world of falsehoods and deceptions.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Bolton's revelation that corroborates with the abundance of existing hard proof of Trump's culpability is another needle that's supposed to pop the dream bubble the Repubs are living in but for the fact that Trump's supporters must live in that dream world of believing his lies while ignoring the truth about his malfeasance or admit they were backing a dangerously incompetent and compromised "man" (loosely defined) and that his guilt is above and beyond reproach.

I suppose there are a multitude of Trump's followers that have come to the undeniable conclusion that Trump is guilty of all charges yet refuse to deny him the support he clearly doesn't deserve. Prioritizing Party over Country really is the only logical reason for their refusal to live in the real world and remain in the one Trump conned them into residing in his world of falsehoods and deceptions.
It's hard to say what might "pop" that bubble, so far it's been impenetrable. With 72% of people wanting witness's/documents these Senators are now walking a dangerous line if they refuse to comply, even one's in red sates. I've been critical of Bolton when I started this thread but it seems he was not responsible for the leak of the manuscript, one of Trump's people apparently are and they timed it for maximum pressure on these Senators, lets hope it works.

Jan 25, 2011
So... Sekulow is really complaining about Pelosi's pens on the Senate floor during an impeachment trial...

Am I seeing this right?!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Everyone with any sort of celebrity writes a book.
Right now Trump books are big, the "Inside Story Of Rage and Stupidity In The White House". This shit sells, it's money in the bank and the publishers know it. The thing you miss is that none of these stories are about getting the truth out, or setting the record straight, they're about money, sometimes money and revenge.
The thing to understand is that you're being sold something. Some flunky talking about his day to day life as the doorman isn't going to move any product, that same flunky spreading rumors and innuendo about secret meetings and spies wondering the halls will sell, so that's what's going to be in the book.

All of this could be solved pretty quickly if Trump agreed to testify and explain in his own words, in public, and defend his own transcript, which currently represents an open admission that he threatened monetary aid in favor of bogus investigations into a political rival (you don't have to believe me--Trump actually released those admissions in his transcript. It's plain as day).

Don't you think Trump should testify? Don't you think witnesses should testify and evidence should be admitted in a fair trial? Seems reasonable to me. It's strange that they wouldn't want to present a defense for themselves, if they are all so innocent. It's really strange.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
His unwillingness to break Party discipline is part of the problem. He's putting Party above Country like the rest of the GOP. The House intelligence committee is every bit as good a place to testify as the Senate.

It’s smart of John Bolton to hide evidence in a place where Trump will never be able to find it - a book. :cool: