Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Anyone use this app?

http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/download.html

boinctasks.png

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
I do nice app but sometimes it can't recognize BOINC sometimes and sometimes it freezes on Linux

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Then your assumption is correct. It does have one functionality BOINC manager does and that is connections to every computer/boinc instance in the same window and displaying it with colours and other their CPU usage. Again not that useful and the functionality is already in the manager why need a different application? Unless you have multiple computers. My 2 cents. :)

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
I guess it's more cool than useful. :)
The more computers you've got the bigger the advantage, but even with a single computer the combination of non-running tasks into total sums per application is an advantage.

The disadvantage is BoincTask uses more resources so personally is only running it if wants to check/change something. Decreasing the refresh-rate is an advantage here.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
The more computers you've got the bigger the advantage, but even with a single computer the combination of non-running tasks into total sums per application is an advantage.

The disadvantage is BoincTask uses more resources so personally is only running it if wants to check/change something. Decreasing the refresh-rate is an advantage here.

The image above includes all four of my rigs so it is convenient to do a quick check to make they are all actively crunching.