BOINC "Suspended - computer in use"

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I have unchecked the box, "Suspend when computer is in use", located in BOINC Manager/Project Web Pages/Preferences in all BOINC projects as well as in each of the modes, "Default, Home, School, and Work", yet all BOINC projects continue to stop working when I use my computer.

I am stumped on how to make BOINC continue to work even though I may using my computer.

I never ran into this problem running Folding@Home.

iwajabitw

Aug 19, 2014
Uncheck the box that says suspend when computer usage is above xx% or change the % to something higher. I thinks the 3rd or 4th box down. I had one of my remote systems suspend every time I logged in with teamviewer.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Instead of the "Simple View" of the BOINC manager which pops up at first invocation, I always use the "Advanced View". And in the advanced view's menu item "Options"/ "Computing Preferences", I am noticing that BOINC manager says at the top of the preferences window: "Using local preferences". I.e. it overrides any web preferences for which local preferences exist, such as whether or not to suspend when the computer is in use --- but of course it leaves any web preferences in effect for which no local equivalent exists, e.g. which sub-project WUs are wanted. This overriding of local preferences over web preferences might be why the "Default, Home, School, and Work" prefs are seemingly not working.

(I for one prefer those local prefs over web prefs, as far as local prefs are available in BOINC manager's advanced view.)

Reactions: Smoke

iwajabitw

Aug 19, 2014
Yeah I don't use the web preferences anymore. It was great at one time to sync everything with boinc-stats web settings for all my remotes.
The system I stated above did just like yours, even though in advanced view/ computing preferences I had the first couple of boxes unchecked about suspending, I missed that other box that said I think 25% of other computer use would still suspend boinc. If you have that unchecked too then I don't know what else would suspend it.

(when I get a sec on some wifi, ill remote in to it and have a look)

Reactions: Smoke

iwajabitw

Aug 19, 2014
9802a0896d123f64c5c3a90f0637b221.png
I make sure all those boxes are unchecked.

iwajabitw

Aug 19, 2014
bacea8e006887b210e4094304218aa1c.png
Also try under activity tab to set cpu/gpu to run always and see if that works.