BOINC Games Sprint is SiDock

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Howdy,

A new Boinc Games Sprint is in about to start in under 36 hours. This is still the "Beta" year of this new Boinc challenge website and it is still being actively worked on to make the site better. I am starting to get more into all of these short "Sprint" challenges myself. I participate when I can fit them into my own schedule!

If you would like to participate you need to register through the Boinc Games site beforehand, and hopefully the website will notify you of the project after the Sprint has started, though the email notification function is still being worked on - (So check Boinc Games for the project also for the official project if you don't receive an email). Here is a link to how to register. Registering is required to eliminate team jumping during the year.

For those of you that like short challenges the Sprints can be fun to change up your crunching for a few days and track something - possibly a new project with a statistical engine that is still being worked on, but can give updated hourly stats!. Thanks @Kiska ! for work on speeding up the website Stats database!

If you have issues with Boinc Games try the forum or maybe try joining the Boinc Games Discord channel.

I'll update once the actual Sprint challenge is known - as the challenge is picked randomly from a list of potential Boinc projects that have been picked with (hopefully) the capacity for new participants!

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
It's important to register ASAP if you want to participate. Your account needs to be verified which can take up to 48 hours. This means your points won't count towards the Sprint until it's verified. Verification is easy to do.

I still need to message all the possible projects that their project might be selected for this sprint.

Hoping I get home from work tonight early enough to send those messages.

If anyone else has the time I would greatly appreciate it if you could give those projects a heads up.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Just over 10 hours until the Boinc Games sprint is announced!

Start and End time: 02/15/2023 14:00 (UTC) - 02/19/2023 14:00 (UTC)

Will report back after the start, but maybe not at the start as that is early for myself by an hour or two :) Though I will try.... :)

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Just over 10 hours until the Boinc Games sprint is announced!

Start and End time: 02/15/2023 14:00 (UTC) - 02/19/2023 14:00 (UTC)

Will report back after the start, but maybe not at the start as that is early for myself by an hour or two :) Though I will try.... :)

Edit #1, I am stretching / heating my hardware and soon will start cooling the same junk hardware when its time is right. Don't want the silicon to expand / break with a burst of amps, but also don't what it all to be so warm that it does not run at a decent frequency... HAHA! Kidding!

Last edited: