Boeing headquarters is moving to ...

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'm wondering if the fact that Chicago has the Ohare International airport and it's close to major NE cities influenced Boeing's decision to relocate there?

CTR

Jun 12, 2000
Aw, I feel let down -- I was hoping they would move here to Dallas or Ft. Worth. I wonder if they will come out with a public statement to make us feel better?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I wonder what sold them on Chicago, I would think Dallas/FT Worth would be another great choice, close to a huge airport (American Airlines hub) and probably lots of people willing to work.

Phunktion

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Washington will do okay without Boeing in theory.. but without the aerospace prestige there will probably be less to support our economy than our politicians would have us believe here.. here's hoping Microsoft remains intact *crossing fingers* Either way if this state goes to hell there's always Florida or Texas :D

Shantanu

Banned
Feb 6, 2001
I haven't heard too many good things about either Denver or Dallas. Chicago seems like a natural choice for Boeing. It's a big city, plenty of things to do, huge white collar workforce, fairly close to NY and Washington DC, etc.

The main reason they wanted to move was traveling times and expenses. Washington is an a fairly isolated corner of the country. Boeing has industries all over the place. That's why they were considering 3 centrally located cities (Chicago, Denver, Dallas).