Body responses that you hate

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I'm sitting here at work with a nice cold that is driving me up the wall. I never understood why the body reacts to an illness such as a cold by stopping up your nose.

Body - "Hey, there's something wrong with me, I must be sick. I know! I'll stop up the main breathing canals with snot and mucus!"

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've spent the last four days battling the same thing, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I went through two boxes of tissue during that time, thank God for Kleenex with lotion.

Viper GTS

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
I'm sitting here at work with a nice cold that is driving me up the wall. I never understood why the body reacts to an illness such as a cold by stopping up your nose.

Body - "Hey, there's something wrong with me, I must be sick. I know! I'll stop up the main breathing canals with snot and mucus!"

The sinus canals are a shitty design. If there was a God, I'd like tell him he fvcked up.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Muscle twitches are pretty weird, just sitting there in a chair and all of a sudden your thumb or fingers start to twitch.

Itch in the back of the throat is pretty lame.

Hitting the Not-Funny Bone or Shin

I think they are wasting their time on Cloneing (clone an imperfect race to get imperfect clones), it's time for Cybernetics ;)

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Why does alcohol slow the body down? It should be a performance enhancer. :D Eh, anyways, Happy New Year! Don't let the performance enhancers get to you so much that you wake up with something scary. (insert name or condition here _____ )

:D

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Why does alcohol slow the body down? It should be a performance enhancer. :D Eh, anyways, Happy New Year! Don't let the performance enhancers get to you so much that you wake up with something scary. (insert name or condition here _____ )

:D
cause it thins the blood and O2 throughout the body delivering less of it to the body and brain. ;)

vtqanh

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I've spent the last four days battling the same thing, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I went through two boxes of tissue during that time, thank God for Kleenex with lotion.

Viper GTS

I am going through the same thing, and i hate it

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy

That's because your body is a pansy and is trying to commit suicide instead of dealing with the pain. Fortunately your brain takes over and says HEY MORON OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND BREATHE! :p

I think the response that annoys me the most is when your stomach growls. It seems so damn loud to you but most of the time nobody else notices it. :eek:

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
i hate when i drink orange juice, or eat something acidic, i get canker soars like mad in my mouth... i am not sure really if that counts... but GRR i gotta watch what i eat because i get those bastards bad.....
rolleye.gif

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Your nose is lined with mucous for the purpose of trapping dust and germs. They stick to the mucous and therefore don't end up in your lungs. When you're sick, you've got more germs finding your way into there, so your body produces more mucous to trap them. However, it produces so much mucous that it makes it hard to breath, and you have to blow it out.

Also, when you get a fever, it makes you feel like crap, however it makes germs feel even crappier. Your body heats itself up to the point where it makes it difficult to function, but alo make sit difficult for bacteria to function. Your immune system doesn't mind running a little bit hot, though, and will easily pick off the weakened germs.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Your nose is lined with mucous for the purpose of trapping dust and germs. They stick to the mucous and therefore don't end up in your lungs. When you're sick, you've got more germs finding your way into there, so your body produces more mucous to trap them. However, it produces so much mucous that it makes it hard to breath, and you have to blow it out.

Yeah, it just seems odd that the body does that to the point where you can no longer breathe through your nose and end up sucking all those germs in through your mouth. I've been blowing my nose all day but I still can only breathe through my mouth. God should have just shoved HEPA filters up our noses :)

Examples of body functions I don't like but understand are:
1) Throwing up to get rid of all the bad stuff you may have ingested.
2) Eyes watering to get cleanse foreign particles out.

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Muscle twitches and random aches that last for about 30 seconds and then just go away...it always leaves me thinking "WTF?"

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
i just thought of another one. STITCHES, you know, when u are running or doing cardio and u get a horrible ache pain