body hair questions

Jul 10, 2007
1. what's the point of underarm hair, facial hair, hair on legs? we didn't have it before puberty and we were fine without it.
i understand pubic hair developing after puberty since it serves as cushioning but under your pits?
for girls its even worse since they end up having to shave/wax regularly.

2. what's the point of hair on your anus. same reasoning as above, except it promotes dingleberries. absolutely pointless IMHO.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Are you arguing against evolution, or societal norms?

from evolutionists standpoint.

Oh okay.

Humans are animals, our bodies are not perfect. We have hair, and genetics usually plays a part in determining how much hair we have. Our body hair still serves a purpose, it is there for a reason. Just because we are the dominant species among other animals does not mean we have completely evolved in a superior fashion from our ancestors.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We'll probably lose it all eventually but these things take time. Hair on our head, nose, ears and eye lashes are really the only things that have a benefit. The rest is just silly.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: MustISO
We'll probably lose it all eventually but these things take time. Hair on our head, nose, ears and eye lashes are really the only things that have a benefit. The rest is just silly.

Say that next time you're out playing in the winter time. Body hair still plays a part in keeping in body heat.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Say that next time you're out playing in the winter time. Body hair still plays a part in keeping in body heat.

I have very little hair on my arms and legs. Hasn't been an issue yet, I just wear clothes outside.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
insufficient selective pressure to get rid of it.
underarm? perhaps sorta dry lube for non chafing

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004

I have very little hair on my arms and legs. Hasn't been an issue yet, I just wear clothes outside.

And clothes are made from fibres, hair is also a fibre. If I have more hair than you, I can wear less clothes and keep the same body temperature.

Like I said, evolution hasn't quite caught up with us yet. We're still animal and we're still evolving.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Umm, how harry are you???

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: eelw

Just call me Robin Williams.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo
1. what's the point of underarm hair, facial hair, hair on legs? we didn't have it before puberty and we were fine without it.
i understand pubic hair developing after puberty since it serves as cushioning but under your pits?
for girls its even worse since they end up having to shave/wax regularly.

2. what's the point of hair on your anus. same reasoning as above, except it promotes dingleberries. absolutely pointless IMHO.

LMAO... 'They feel like bags of sand...'

WWYBYWB?

Good lord...

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: eelw

My name's not Harry, but I'm fine, thank you.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
To protect the skin + it gives oils.
If you're climbing rocks and stuff, wouldn't you like to have a padding of hair over your arms than your bare skin?

ppdes

May 16, 2004
I read somewhere that pubic hair/armpit hair help spread sexual pheromones. Also, no one is forcing women to shave. In quite a few countries it is more normal not to.

Sc4freak

Oct 22, 2004
It depends on who you ask. Due to genetic reasons, people from the Asia/Pacific region (particularly Eastern Asia, I believe) tend to grow less body and facial hair.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: ppdes
I read somewhere that pubic hair/armpit hair help spread sexual pheromones. Also, no one is forcing women to shave. In quite a few countries it is more normal not to.

I guess that you didn't learn this, but women on the whole, even in the US, don't shave their pubes. That's only in p0rnos. Lay off some of it and save a few gigs.

ppdes

May 16, 2004
I guess that you didn't learn this, but replies are in response to another post. Please see the OP in my case. We are talking about underarm and leg hair in addition to pubic. Reading one post is for sugar addicts. Lay off some of it and save some attention span.

Doctor Nyse

Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Xylitol

I guess that you didn't learn this, but women on the whole, even in the US, don't shave their pubes. That's only in p0rnos. Lay off some of it and save a few gigs.

Every woman I've ever been with has shaved their pubes.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Doctor Nyse

I recall seeing a poll in a womens mag a while back, and the proportion who were clean shaven was very, very low, so i'm assuming you mean they shave to some extent, but not totally?

I think the vast majority of women in the poll shaved and trimmed...

LcarsSystem

Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: Doctor Nyse

Same here...

:D