Bob is going to basic. I've signed with the army reserves!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Spent 2 days at MEPS(Military Entrance Processing Station), and ended up taking an MP job. I scored a 96 on my asvab, so i was qualified for any job, but the rest of the available reserve jobs were pretty boring. At least i'd learn more interesting stuff with the MP unit. After college i'd highly consider going active and taking a tech or computer job with the army. Possibly aim at a federal agency down the road.

I was suprised at MEPS at how many complainers and punks want to join the military. People were complaining all day during the physical and because we had to wait around a lot all day. What the heck were they expecting? Anyways, i ship out on june 17th :p

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Cool. My friend has been a Master at Arms for about a year now stationed in Japan. He says the job is pretty boring, dealing with a lot of drunk and rowdy people. I hope yours turns out better.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
well.. my typical drill weekend will be training.. not actual mp work.. and if i get called to active duty i'd either be at a pow camp or base security.. Still fun stuff though. Better then the postal job they wanted to give me.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Military motto: Hurry up and wait.

I hope the people at MEPS don't think it gets any faster in boot and school.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
The MPs in a lot of movies are always the bad guys. Just when the bar fight is getting fun here comes 5 MPs on a jeep, in perfect crisp uniforms, to break it up, heh.

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
I am doing the same thing right now Tallbill...hmm, I might become an MP too...that can't be that bad...I won't be shipping out to basic till the summer though because of college. I am in ROTC right now and I am hoping to become an officer in the military :)

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: polm
Is there a good site to take a Practice Asvab exam online ?

The Asvab is pretty easy...it covers the basics of everything...the hardest math is low-level algrebra. The only stuff I had trouble with was woodshop and any questions about cars :eek: I think there is a book at the local library that you can study out of...our high school library had it. By the way, I got a 91% on my asvab...

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: TallBill
Spent 2 days at MEPS(Military Entrance Processing Station), and ended up taking an MP job. I scored a 96 on my asvab, so i was qualified for any job, but the rest of the available reserve jobs were pretty boring. At least i'd learn more interesting stuff with the MP unit. After college i'd highly consider going active and taking a tech or computer job with the army. Possibly aim at a federal agency down the road.

I was suprised at MEPS at how many complainers and punks want to join the military. People were complaining all day during the physical and because we had to wait around a lot all day. What the heck were they expecting? Anyways, i ship out on june 17th :p

Awesome. Congrats and good luck.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
yeah.. asvab was pretty damn simple. and like i said.. if and when i go active after school i'll take a computer or intelligence job most likely

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: TallBill
I was suprised at MEPS at how many complainers and punks want to join the military.

good job! thank you for your service

i always thought the military had more than its share of complainers also (while i was in) , not sure why that is. just ignore them ;)