Bob Bennet (incumbent senator, UT) ousted from GOP running - Tea Party flexes muscle

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhartha
The Libertarians are an example of a small tent political party. I am sure they like it that way and do not care what people think.

You aren't very bright, are you?

I keep waiting for the Libertarians to save the world because, well, while I don't really know what a Libertarian is or stands for, that is, by any organized and rigorously study of their beliefs, I am rather lazy, you see, I, well, I just dog gone like them and, additionally, imagine I share a number of their beliefs. And so I must confess that on reading Siddhartha's post, and reminding you again of my lack of any real information from which to formulate any truly deep understanding of the situation, I found what he said to be potentially persuasive, alas, and therefore, as a direct consequence flowing out of this obvious shallow understanding that I have of the actually facts of the matter, I was mildly taken aback by your question, taken aback, that is, in the sense of feeling a hunger for more information. I therefore wish to appeal, as a self fancied seeker of truth, to enlighten me further on why he and by implication I myself aren't very bright?

You would be amazed to discover just how obtuse those of us who aren't so bright can be, so I would ask in advance that you keep your dialog simple.

The thoughts I did have on the matter were that Libertarians actually strive to have a big tent but that the philosophy they espouse is so eclectic that it appeals only to the gifted, of which there is always a dearth of supply, or that in fact, Libertarians are actually of great numbers and have already thereby a large tent.

Of course, I can also credit the possibility that, being somewhat defensive from say the kind of welcome a scorpion gets, regarding any feelings of being politically somewhere southwest of third base in your Libertarian leanings, you have simply lashed out instead of, as any rational person would, making a cogent case for your position.

But I have come to no conclusions and await your more deeply reasoned response with bated breath.

Love, Moonbeam

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
It would be nice if they were also not quite so keen on spending $600B annually on the military.

A lot of the TEA party people I know ARE against out of control spending, even on the military. Uninformed generalizations are best left to the loony left.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Finally, those of you who've seen me post before know I don't give a rat's ass about the social platform of the Repub party. Frankly, I wish they'd completely deemphasize the abortion issue and focus solely on economics -- taxes and smaller govt, and stay the fuck out of peoples bedrooms.

:thumbsup: