BMW leader confirms plans for 6 Series (w/ pics) and beyond

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
a little 300zxish.

actually... anyone remember that dodge that ran on natural gas and had gobs of hp and suicide doors in the back? looks like that.

Que-TiP

Dec 8, 1999
Said Panke: ?You have to be able to step into any BMW and be blindfolded and know you are driving a BMW.?

too bad when you take the blindfold off, you'll still have an ugly car.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
wonder if they plan on adding to the M series

M6 ? :D

well if its that ugly i dont want it in an M :(

Feb 10, 2000
WTH is going on at BMW? Chris Bangle seems to have singlehandedly taken them from making consistently handsome, lithe, sporty-looking cars to making some of the least-attractive cars on the market. Even the modest changes made to the 2002 3-series (specifically, the front end) offend me, but the Z4, 745, and now the 6-series are just plain ugly. I find it amazing that they have given him free rein to spoil a heritage of design excellence they have enjoyed for decades. The return of the 6-series should have been an occasion for celebration, but instead it looks like they have married a Chrysler Sebring with a Grand Prix to make a completely flaccid and dull design.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: mchammer187

Did you click on the link?

Viper GTS

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Apparently encouraged by brisk sales of the ugly 7 series, BMW decided to make all their cars ugly. That thing is uglier than most pontiacs or monte carlos. The trunk looks like someone hit it from the back.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: mchammer187

Did you click on the link?

Viper GTS

clicked saw the pics

posted then i read the article :(

at least they did not make round headlights :D

or Accord 2003 ugly

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
I never thought I'd say this about a bimmer: ugly.

Said Panke: ?You have to be able to step into any BMW and be blindfolded and know you are driving a BMW.?

Now is that really about the drivability? I think it's a comment on the styling.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Vadatajs
I never thought I'd say this about a bimmer: ugly.

Now is that really about the drivability? I think it's a comment on the styling.

who is can drive with a blindfold anyway
rolleye.gif

who the h3ll would be proud to drive a 500 HP Aztek

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I don't think it's ugly. Maybe it's cause I like science fiction movies.

Either way, it won't seem like you're driving a BMW for sure,... but as long as the quality/workmanship is there... I'd drive it.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
WTH is going on at BMW? Chris Bangle seems to have singlehandedly taken them from making consistently handsome, lithe, sporty-looking cars to making some of the least-attractive cars on the market. Even the modest changes made to the 2002 3-series (specifically, the front end) offend me, but the Z4, 745, and now the 6-series are just plain ugly. I find it amazing that they have given him free rein to spoil a heritage of design excellence they have enjoyed for decades. The return of the 6-series should have been an occasion for celebration, but instead it looks like they have married a Chrysler Sebring with a Grand Prix to make a completely flaccid and dull design.

In absolute full agreement here. Z4, 6, 7, and the front of the 3 are hideous. For some reason, I think they look like sharks or those flying tigers airplane logos from WW2. Hopefully, the 5 will look sweet.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Damn it.

If you took a lineup of sedans from the US and Japan and threw that in the middle of the mix you'd never be able to pick out the BMW....

What are they doing? The car looks like a Dodge...maybe a little like a Nissan.

Where's the distinct BMW styling?

When you see a BMW in the rearview it's suppose to look like a shark bearing down on you to eat your cars assend.

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Looks kinda like a mercury coguar mixed with a little mustang, dodge, chrysler and pontiac :p

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
I think BMWs look fugly when I see pictures of them, but end up appealing to me once I see them in person. I'm not sure if it'll be the same with this one. Either way, I like the Benz CLK design over this. Looks like the 6 doesn't have B pillar (in the second pic) like the CLK though.