Blue Duron 650 and Thunderbird 700, what gives.

moolman

Apr 21, 2000
Hi,
I stopped by the PC Club in Los Angeles to pick up 2 processors and I bought a blue tint Duron 650 and a blue tint Thunderbird 700, I thought after reading various articles in anandtech that the blue versions didn't exsist for Durons and didn't go that low for TB. I'm pretty sure they are blue because I compared them to others in the tray and they look different and when I put a flash light over them, they have a blue outline around the chip. The Duron 650 is a week 23 with the L1 bridges intact and the TB is a week 21 with the L1 bridges intact. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks

Alex

Merle451

Oct 10, 1999
The duron is an interesting specimen. I own a blue tinted 700Mhz T-Bird of week 22.

Maybe the Durons Polisher also turns it blue?

-Merle

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
The Blue Durons/Birds are copper while the Grenish chips are aluminum.
Apparently they have the same specs but my opinion is that the copper ones are just a tad cooler. Also the blue/copper one are made in Germany and the aluminum/green are made in Austin Texas. If I'm correct there are 700 Birds but they were made in Germany only and in limited supply but I may be wrong on that. and congrats on the unlocked chips, more <power> to you.