Bloody nose

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Stop getting punched in the face?

but she was just asking for it the way she was dressed!

Remember, the safe answer to "Does this dress make me look fat?" is "No, honey, the dress does not make you look fat. Nothing can make you look fat."

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Give it a slight pinch with some tissue paper, don't tilt your head in any direction. What sucks is that you actually need to blow it after it stops bleeding because the first clot won't suffice. So when the bleeding finally stops, blow it again to clear it and if it starts bleeding again you'll need pinch again. You should only have to do it once. I don't care how dry the air is, if you can make a thread thats two pages long and your nose is still bleeding something isn't right.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MrLee
Give it a slight pinch with some tissue paper, don't tilt your head in any direction. What sucks is that you actually need to blow it after it stops bleeding because the first clot won't suffice. So when the bleeding finally stops, blow it again to clear it and if it starts bleeding again you'll need pinch again. You should only have to do it once. I don't care how dry the air is, if you can make a thread thats two pages long and your nose is still bleeding something isn't right.

i got it stopped before i posted, just trying to see what can be done if it happens again. it took about 10 minutes though with about 2 clots blown out.

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: pontifex
Just sitting at my desk, minding my own business, blwoing my nose and all of sudden I get tons of blood. Spent like 10 minutes with a tissue stuck up my nostril trying to stop it.

Are there any good remedies for a bloody nose?

do you get them frequently?

I have a nose bleed twice in one week; if you have nose bleed frequently, what are the causes of the frequent nose bleed?

Thanks

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: TheoPetro
tilt your head back, stand on one foot, put your left hand above your head, pinch your nose with your right, jump in circles humming the national anthem (if you pick the wrong country to live in and you sing that national anthem instead of the CORRECT one you will bleed out and die)

Don't tilt your head back, that just makes blood run to the back of your throat and you end up swallowing it (which is bad) or spitting it out. Pinch your nose and lean your head forward until it clots and stops bleeding. Don't pick at it for a couple days and try not to blow your nose or sneeze. I'd also avoid anything that will raise your blood pressure, like coffee.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
You have excess blood. Try cutting open the jugular and letting some of it drain out.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
That a piece of paper or tissue and roll it as if you were to stick it up your nose to block off the blood... Now rip off about 3/4 of an inch or so of the rolled up part.

You will now lift up your upper lip and put that piece right up between your lip and the gums of your upper teeth. It puts some pressure on the artery going up into your nose region, slowing blood enough to allow it to clot.

My grandfather taught me this... Apparently it was a suggestion from his First Aid training in the Navy...