Blog entry title is: Young Persons Called to Private Grand Jury for Owning Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Reportedly, the FBI search warrant was for black clothing, paint, sticks, computers and cell phones, and ‘anarchist materials or literature.’ According to an FBI Domestic Terrorism guide published by greenisthenewred.com, “anarchists are criminals seeking an ideology to justify their actions,” and are “not dedicated to a particular issue.” Common meeting places are “college campuses, underground clubs, coffee houses/ internet cafes.” The implication is that owning “anarchist” literature is enough to indicate to the FBI that one is a criminal – even if that person happens to be a student studying political thought. Or maybe particularly if you are a student – the FBI document states that anarchists are “educated persons of various backgrounds, often students.”
http://thesoundandnoise.com/2012/09/14/young-persons-called-to-private-grand-jury-for-owning-books/

I lol'd seriously? this is some ridiculousness right here. 1984?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
bfdd, do you really believe it's that simple?

Nope, I believe there is more to the story, but there's always more to the story. This article though shows what the warrant was for and explains that they were targeted for being "Anarchists". Though I'm sure like Jaskalas said, that's "acceptable profiling". Because you know, "Anarchist" isn't a protected "class".

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Nope, I believe there is more to the story, but there's always more to the story. This article though shows what the warrant was for and explains that they were targeted for being "Anarchists". Though I'm sure like Jaskalas said, that's "acceptable profiling". Because you know, "Anarchist" isn't a protected "class".

It is extremely likely that there was illegal activity conducted by an anarchist group and that the authorities are trying to look for evidence that this person was in that group. They are not just rounding up people for being anarchists. And they are certainly not bringing people to justice for owning books. I really don't understand how you could post such a silly title. At best it's naive, at worse it's a blatant attempt to mischaracterize a situation.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I need more information.

We have a single source and while this might be as billed, how do we know? What the warrant states would be highly informative.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
It is extremely likely that there was illegal activity conducted by an anarchist group and that the authorities are trying to look for evidence that this person was in that group. They are not just rounding up people for being anarchists. And they are certainly not bringing people to justice for owning books. I really don't understand how you could post such a silly title. At best it's naive, at worse it's a blatant attempt to mischaracterize a situation.
They are rounding up people who are "Anarchists" because they may be affiliated with a group of "Anarchists". You just went against your own argument, the hell?

Rider, I'll try to find some more information on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.