Blocky Picture DVD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosprovider

Mar 29, 2002
Well I built a new computer and Im playing DVD's on it. They appear blocky? Any help in
reasons why?
Heres what I have:

Motherboard: MSI K7N420 PRO
DVD-ROm: PIONEER INTERNAL ATAPI 16X DVD-ROM MODEL 106S/2
Ram: ATI RADEON 8500 LE 64MB DDR
RAM: 256 + 512 DDR ram

Locked- Mod DAPUNISHER

Last edited by a moderator:

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Adjust the gamma setting for the video overlay. You can do that from the DVD player app. Also, adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor to reasonable settings.

mosprovider

Mar 29, 2002
Well my dvd player doesnt have an option for Gamma settings. Is there a dvd player I can download that is what I need?
Thanks,
V

Last edited:

peterfilmfan

Aug 13, 2021
I have Radeon RX 550/550 Series graphics and what I did, with the AMD Radeon software installed was to turn off GPU Scaling and Vitual Super Resolution. This wasn't before watching a film in blockovision, but anyway turning off those options under "Display" in the software, fixed it.

• Haha
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I have Radeon RX 550/550 Series graphics and what I did, with the AMD Radeon software installed was to turn off GPU Scaling and Vitual Super Resolution. This wasn't before watching a film in blockovision, but anyway turning off those options under "Display" in the software, fixed it.

Duuude!....

Did you just sign up for a new AT account only to resurrect a 19 year-old thread???
I mean... if this thread had an ID, it could buy beer in most of the civilised world already...

Status
Not open for further replies.