Blocking a device from accessing the internet only

hightower123

Mar 14, 2017
Greetings!

I have a Tp-Link Archer C7 router and I was interested in blocking an ip-camera from accessing the internet for security reasons but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I believe the option that I want is "access control" but when it comes to setting up the "target", the only options are "ip" or "domain". I simply want to block it from the internet and don't see a simple way of doing it.

The only way I see is to setup the computers that I want to access the internet on the list and then tick the option " Allow the packets specified by any enabled access control policy to pass through the Router" but this option requires me to list every single device on that list (there are a lot).

Attached is a screenshot of the router's access control page.

Thanks!

G7A4kI9.png

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
post a pic of the firewall config screen. If you dont have one on that router then thats a problem.

Pfsense is a good free option for software, they also sell there own hardware i think the base model one starts at $150 or so.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
First we should know that a Camera is Not "accessing" the Internet.

Camera is a passive Client, it a Computer or other capable devices that can access the Camera through the LAN or over the Internet.

Cameras has setting for password and their communication port can be changed. So we can be in charge of who is Accessing it.

:cool:

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Need to look in the camera setup UI, that is how you block something from the internet.

Jigaz

Apr 2, 2019
You can add the MAC address in Parental Controls and give it a schedule with no Interest Access Time