Blockbuster tried to charge me for not rewinding a DVD!!!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
WTF? I walk in and the girl says, "You need to pay your balance before you can rent anymore movies." I was like, "What are you talking about? I don't owe any late fees..." That's when she told me I didn't rewind the last movie I took back... IT WAS A DVD!!! I don't even have my VCR hooked up anymore! Can you believe those MORONS???

I once bought a "previously viewed" DVD from there also and there wasn't a DVD in the box... That was even harder to explain. Why would they put a box out, put a sticker on it and shrink-wrap it if it has no DVD in it? This is movie rental, not rocket science.

Gandu

May 13, 2001
When did we start rewinding DVDs? Its digital stuff not like a VHS with a big tape in it that needs to be rewinded. Morons.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Maybe they don't understand the concept of digital media there? Who knows. I'm just glad I didn't send my gf there. She would have paid.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
You know how to easily remedy the situation with someone who is unreasonable and ignorant? Go over his/her head. Talking to a manager is surprisingly effective.

-geoff

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Did I say I paid? Heck no...I'm too smart for that. I got a free rental out of the deal of course. ;)

Gandu

May 13, 2001

<< Ask her to show you the DVD rewinder. >>

I will keep that suggestion in mind when I encounter that type problem. Muah.

AncientPC

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
Agreed that it was stupid of them to ask that, but then again we shouldn't assume that all girls are that dumb yah?

thegreatjeff

Jun 14, 2000
Hmm. Obviously someone who has not even seen a DVD. That's one of my favorite things about a DVD, you don't have to rewind them and also you can jump forward hours with just one click...sheesh!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

<< Hmm. Obviously someone who has not even seen a DVD. That's one of my favorite things about a DVD, you don't have to rewind them and also you can jump forward hours with just one click...sheesh! >>

What I like is when you pause it on good looking chicks you don't see those tracking lines going across the screen. You just see the CLEAR picture of the pretty pretty WOMEN!

ElPool

Oct 11, 2000
hehe. i worked at hollywood video, and there were never fees for not rewinding movies. we always just tossed them in the super-speedy rewinders they have there.
I got to the point where i could tell if a video was rewound just by the weight of the tape. :)

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
Guess what, i just bought a DVD Rewinder...it's the 4x Model. :D

MC

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2000
elchen, you gotta watch out as BlockBuster will charge you for not rewinding your DVD. :frown:

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
She said: &quot;You didn't rewind your last video.&quot;
You said: &quot;But my last video was a DVD!&quot;
She said: &quot;And your point being?&quot;