BLM is now anti israel?

nixium

Aug 25, 2008
http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.735760

“While we agree with many of the policy recommendations, we are extremely dismayed at the decision to refer to the Israeli occupation as genocide. We are committed to ending the occupation, which leads to daily human rights violations against Palestinians, and also compromises the safety of Israelis. Our work aims to build a just and secure future for both Israelis and Palestinians, both of whom deserve the same human rights protections as all people.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.735760

I'm surprised by this turn of events, and their platform as a whole. What seems to me would work better as a single, pointed issue - disproportionate police violence - now seems to encompass all sorts of things including controversial topics that have nothing to do with the original issue.

Reactions: AnonymouseUser

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I think BLM should take a hard, long look at their whole culture. just saying.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
BLM has always appeared militant to me, though I have never commented on it much.

Any organization that seems to not promote diversity in its cause seems to be shooting itself in the foot a bit.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
After seeing more and more muslim group leaders claiming ownership and control of BLM, I'm not at all surprised by the news they are against Jews & Israel.

Did you know BLM's co-founder was muslim?

At least they're no longer hiding the source of all the anti-white, anti-police, anti-Jew rhetoric.

Reactions: AnonymouseUser

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The population of Palestinians, worldwide, in Israel, and in the territories, has blossomed since 1948. If Israel is attempting a genocide, they are hopelessly incompetent at it.

BLM's position is both factually wrong and morally repugnant. I'm beginning to regret ever having said a positive thing about them.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
BLM has always appeared militant to me, though I have never commented on it much.

Any organization that seems to not promote diversity in its cause seems to be shooting itself in the foot a bit.
I imagine they'd say that being shot in the foot represents a major improvement.