Blizzard to give WoW players a 48 hours extention.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
The WoW website has been updated with some good news for some of us, due to technical issues like server down time and what have you.

The company also says

"we will also continue putting every effort into consistently delivering more information about related technical issues".

Better than a poke in the eye, eh?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'd still be annoyed if I was paying for WoW: say there are outages on 8 days that you want to play. The fact that the total outage time adds up to (say) 46.5 hours doesn't mean getting just 2 days back is fair.

Fair would be adding 1 day for any day in which there is an outage of more than something like 1 hour.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
woot,

according to the license they dont have to give us anything, IIRC so this is good

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
woot,

according to the license they dont have to give us anything, IIRC so this is good

Yea, thats my feelings about it too. I mean....its free time, isnt it?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
I'd still be annoyed if I was paying for WoW: say there are outages on 8 days that you want to play. The fact that the total outage time adds up to (say) 46.5 hours doesn't mean getting just 2 days back is fair.

Fair would be adding 1 day for any day in which there is an outage of more than something like 1 hour.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, why don't ya? :roll:

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
i wish the whiners on their forums would get a life...

waaa
waaa
waaa

im going to quit/go buy eq DaoC/bla bla bla

yeah like they will ever leave....but its funny to see them threaten blizz

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

waaa
waaa
waaa

They have a point, it is very frustrating to see such a good game hampered so much by issues with the servers. That said, it is indeed very amusing to see posts like "omgz wur gun2 su u bliz u sux olololo" :D

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Wow, this is impressive.
I'd like to see SOE do something like that. Riggggggggggggggggggggggght.

:)

gururu

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
this is great! I have felt that Blizzard is doing their best to keep the servers going, and this just goes to show it. The sales and usage of this game is unprecedented, so I doubt there was anything we or they could have anticipated in terms of the server problems.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
I'm glad Blizzard is offering this extra time to make up for down time. My wife and I haven't experienced any major problems playing on Stonemaul or Bronzebeard servers. The only time the game has stalled was during looting or selling items from our backpacks.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Gurck

waaa
waaa
waaa

They have a point, it is very frustrating to see such a good game hampered so much by issues with the servers. That said, it is indeed very amusing to see posts like "omgz wur gun2 su u bliz u sux olololo" :D

The server issues have been seriously overblown though. All those complaining seem to forget that all the servers were working nearly flawlessly for 4 weeks prior to this week's issues. Also, the extended outages have been isolated to a small group of servers. Most servers have seen no interuptions of service other than the standard maintenance downtime.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: ggnl

waaa
waaa
waaa

The server issues have been seriously overblown though. All those complaining seem to forget that all the servers were working nearly flawlessly for 4 weeks prior to this week's issues. Also, the extended outages have been isolated to a small group of servers. Most servers have seen no interuptions of service other than the standard maintenance downtime.

I think it's exactly because the first 6 weeks went pretty well that people are upset. The last two sundays, my server has had serious problems. The game comes to a complete halt for about 30 seconds. I know it's not lag, because it doesn't "catch up" afterwards, it just resumes as if the game had been paused. Normally when you lag for 30 seconds in battle, for example, you or your enemy is dead when the lag ends.

The Auction House and mail have also gotten progressively worse.

That being said, they are minor irritations in an otherwise highly enjoyable game. If it's between performance problems in WoW and extreme bugs in other games, I'll take WoW. However, FFXI seems to have been the most seamless release. Maybe beacuse when it came out here it had been out a year in Japan.

EvilManagedCare

Nov 6, 2004
I think the extensions are great. How else is Blizzard supposed to make up for the down time? Lord knows Origin didn't do anything like add days to your billing period for the lagalicious initial launch of UO so long ago. On the other hand, I have yet to have a problem getting onto a server for more than just a few minutes.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
When EQ2 had problems, they gave us 72 hours of 150% experience bonus... i would much rather have that than a few extra days (which comes up to what, a saving of $1.00?).

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: obsidian
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
Wow, this is impressive.
I'd like to see SOE do something like that. Riggggggggggggggggggggggght.

:)
Uh, they already have.

When? I've never seen it.

When EQ1 first came out, the game was so completely unplayable that they refunded my first month (or week, I can't recall). Despite that, WoW is nowhere near as bad as EQ was throughout its entire career.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I don't understand this.. aren't we paying for unlimited time for $15 a month? So how's the two days work.. $1 credit into our account? NICE

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Hardcore
When EQ2 had problems, they gave us 72 hours of 150% experience bonus... i would much rather have that than a few extra days (which comes up to what, a saving of $1.00?).

Erm... if WoW is down for 72 hours you will get an exp bonus. Albeit not for 72 hours.. but it will probably be about 1/3 of a level.