Blizzard is hiring for 'TopSecret' project

blazerazor

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
I was browsing the website and checked under the 'now hiring', looks like they need alot of 3d artists for the 'next gen MMO'. So what is this going to be???
Diablo 3 (world of Diablo) - pretty much would just be WoW with new char models
Starcraft MMO (world of Starcraft) - this would be more challenging to put together
or something else altogether.
.... things that make you go, Huuummmmmmmm.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
well, i'm convinced they know what they're doing and they can put out another successful game people will fall over playing.

just please dont let me hear about another crappy SE MMO

Dec 10, 2005
I would like to see a sequel to Diablo II, but I wouldn't want it to be a MMO - the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game is something that rubs me the wrong way.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
I would like to see a sequel to Diablo II, but I wouldn't want it to be a MMO - the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game is something that rubs me the wrong way.

:thumbsup:

I do fear that the next Diablo will be an MMO regardless considering WoW's success which will suck because I don't have the time to dedicate myself to two MMOs :(

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
has it been three months already since the last Diablo 3 rumor made its way around the net?

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
Paying $15 a month for endless entertainment rubs you the wrong way? How much do you spend going out to watch a movie?

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: txrandom
Paying $15 a month for endless entertainment rubs you the wrong way? How much do you spend going out to watch a movie?

But you cannot group those two things into one general category of entertainment. Sure, you can plan a budget and have a certain percentage dedicated to entertainment purposes, but I don't want to be spending $15/month gaming. I just don't see the same value in an endless supply of video gaming (for a month) versus the value of going to see a movie. As for how often I go to the movies, which is probably a more important question than just how much do I spend - I go about once or twice a month (tops) and pay $9. Though, I can see movies that came out about 2 months ago (and not on DVD yet) for $5 at a student run theater on my campus.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
we just had a thread recently that argued about paying to play vs. not paying. we don't need another one.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: txrandom

But you cannot group those two things into one general category of entertainment. Sure, you can plan a budget and have a certain percentage dedicated to entertainment purposes, but I don't want to be spending $15/month gaming. I just don't see the same value in an endless supply of video gaming (for a month) versus the value of going to see a movie. As for how often I go to the movies, which is probably a more important question than just how much do I spend - I go about once or twice a month (tops) and pay $9. Though, I can see movies that came out about 2 months ago (and not on DVD yet) for $5 at a student run theater on my campus.

i'd pay 15 bucks a month to NOT play diablo:mmo since it would prevent me from dropping 140 hours/month into the game

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I wanted to do some of the voice acting when they were looking for StarCraft 2 voices.

I was a day late and a dollar short :(

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Ns1

i'd pay 15 bucks a month to NOT play diablo:mmo since it would prevent me from dropping 140 hours/month into the game

Can you pay me not to play instead? :D

Dec 27, 2001
I would have thought Starcraft MMO, but SC2 sent a message that they were keeping it RTS. No Diablo 3 for all these years and the success of WoW means Diablo Online with near certainty.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Diablo III that ISN'T a pay to play game but still had MP like Diablo II would be great.

Sorry, I'll never pay to play (besides the initial cost of the game).

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Yep, going dec12th for interview.
Fingers crossed !

If you find out what it is, be sure to keep us updated :p

All that I know thus far is that they liked my character rigging enough to ask me to travel for a meeting with the staff. I applied about 2 months ago and got a phone call about two weeks ago. Said its a new project and wanted me to meet the staff.

Of course I have to sign an NDA before I learn what the new project is.
So , sorry no info will be provided :)

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
Yep, going dec12th for interview.
Fingers crossed !

If you find out what it is, be sure to keep us updated :p

All that I know thus far is that they liked my character rigging enough to ask me to travel for a meeting with the staff. I applied about 2 months ago and got a phone call about two weeks ago. Said its a new project and wanted me to meet the staff.

Of course I have to sign an NDA before I learn what the new project is.
So , sorry no info will be provided :)

BAN! :p

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: Ns1

Can you pay me not to play instead? :D

I'll pay you 4.95 for every 1k gold and 20 bucks for you to get me to level 60 ;)