Blix: Iraq hasn't used banned weapons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
And there's sandorski trying to talk some sense to the true believers and them arguing with their fingers in their ears.
Some things never change.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well at least SOMEONE owned up to it. Too many conservative scumbags still cling to the notion that invading was a good idea.
It is very hard to try to prove the negative. Would the common Iraqi be in a better position if we had not invaded?

I think the President backed the wrong horse on WMD, I think he should have used the guarantee of not agreeing to the terms made by the UN after Desert Storm. But could the population get behind Bush if he used that statement to lead to war? Regardless, I think it would have been MUCH better if we just warred with Afghanistan/terrorists and THEN with Iraq instead of two combat areas at once.

I do fear for the Iraqi in the upcoming months as we leave.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
It is very hard to try to prove the negative. Would the common Iraqi be in a better position if we had not invaded?

You could ask that of a lot of countries that we haven't invaded yet.

God knows how many Iraqis died as a result of the invasion, not to mention their destroyed infrastructure and lawlessness.

But don't worry, Bush and his idiot supporters moved the goal posts 100 different ways after the fact when it was obvious Iraq didn't have shit in terms of WMD's

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Wow, holy zombie thread!

Appropriate day to revive it though.

PF: I disagree with even that rationale. Invading a country because the leader's demented is a poor excuse. Hell, pick three random countries in Africa and you'll probably find a couple guys who are worse.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

That is not the question. The question is, would the common American be in a better position if we had not invaded. And the answer to that is YES.