Bleh damn cops boxed my car in today

Feb 19, 2001
So I went to drop off my homework at 5:40. Parked, walked over to 2 buildings away, dropped my crap off came out and wow. Traffic was congested. I was like "Wait 10 min ago there were no cars.. I jaywalked so easily." Now traffic was backed up all along the road.

Then I saw the cops and ambulance and firetruck there. "Wait, that's my car?!" I thought. But ambulance? Fire truck? Did my car blow up or something?

I thought maybe Id idn't lock my doors and some idiot broke in and the cops were there, but if the firetruck is there, something was wrong.

SO I ran there and they boxed my car in. Great. Nothing wrong with my car, I guess they went into the Nuclear Eng. building or something, and I waited hoping the cop would come out. I guess not. I walked into the building hoping I could tell him to move his car just a tad bit so I could leave. No luck.

So there was a gap between the ambulance and the cop car. I was paralleled parked and the gap was a car and a half width wide (not car length), but I didnt parallel that well and I had at least a foot away from the curb.

To make things worse, this is a road with major construction and its 2 lane (1 in each direction) and with cops in 1 lane and a row of cars paralleled in, the other side = construction, so there's 1 lane width with a fence next to it. Busses BARELY squeezed through because of the blockage, and so I did like a 20-point turn so I could squeeze through the cop/ambulance.

Then the trick was to get into the other lane because no one could see me, and who would expect a car to come out in front of the ambulance all of a sudden?

Anyways.. yea. rant of the day.. took me like 25 min just to drop off my homework.

Apr 17, 2005
cops can do no wrong!!! Dont you know that? If a cop wants to box your car in, you should shut up and let him do it.

Andyb23

Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: DLeRium
So I went to drop off my homework at 5:40. Parked, walked over to 2 buildings away, dropped my crap off came out and wow. Traffic was congested. I was like "Wait 10 min ago there were no cars.. I jaywalked so easily." Now traffic was backed up all along the road.

Then I saw the cops and ambulance and firetruck there. "Wait, that's my car?!" I thought. But ambulance? Fire truck? Did my car blow up or something?

I thought maybe Id idn't lock my doors and some idiot broke in and the cops were there, but if the firetruck is there, something was wrong.

SO I ran there and they boxed my car in. Great. Nothing wrong with my car, I guess they went into the Nuclear Eng. building or something, and I waited hoping the cop would come out. I guess not. I walked into the building hoping I could tell him to move his car just a tad bit so I could leave. No luck.

So there was a gap between the ambulance and the cop car. I was paralleled parked and the gap was a car and a half width wide (not car length), but I didnt parallel that well and I had at least a foot away from the curb.

To make things worse, this is a road with major construction and its 2 lane (1 in each direction) and with cops in 1 lane and a row of cars paralleled in, the other side = construction, so there's 1 lane width with a fence next to it. Busses BARELY squeezed through because of the blockage, and so I did like a 20-point turn so I could squeeze through the cop/ambulance.

Then the trick was to get into the other lane because no one could see me, and who would expect a car to come out in front of the ambulance all of a sudden?

Anyways.. yea. rant of the day.. took me like 25 min just to drop off my homework.

Cops are like the Empire dude.

disagree with it?

Take it up with Palpatine

/ATOT

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Boo fracking hoo. They're handling a you-don't-know-what-kind-of emergency, and you're whining about how they parked. Get over yourself.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sixone
Boo fracking hoo. They're handling a you-don't-know-what-kind-of emergency, and you're whining about how they parked. Get over yourself.

you must think it's OK for funeral processions to fvck up traffic for 15 minutes at a time also

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
That sucks. Where were you parked? The only construction that I can think of is by Davis Hall and Stanley Hall, but neither are close to parking spots.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: sixone

you must think it's OK for funeral processions to fvck up traffic for 15 minutes at a time also

:disgust: